Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    me12day Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Water hammer at the boiler
    As the boiler heats up the water appears to surge in the flow pipe causing severe water hammer
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2013, 06:26 PM
    Sounds like either air in pipes, or bad expansion tank, what is the pressure on the boiler?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 11, 2013, 07:26 AM
    Hi Me12day

This sounds like a STEAM BOILER... is that correct?

If this is a steam boiler then I'd ask you when was the last time you cleaned or "skimmed" the steam boiler?

Let me know more, OK?

Mark
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Certainly does sound like a steamer. Too much water in the system will cause the same symptoms if I recall correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The back boiler from our solid fuel boiler is not heating the water in the cylinder [ 0 Answers ]

Our back boiler heats the water via the open fire. Lately the water is slow to heat in the cylinder and the pipes leading into the tank are extremely hot but the cylinder eventually heats but totally to the bottom of the tank. Would the back boiler be leaking or just full of gunge from 19 years of...

Water hammer and reduced hot water flow in one kitchen tap [ 6 Answers ]

This only happens on this one tap. It is a single faucet and the line is shared with a dishwasher. After the hot water runs for about 30 seconds I hear the pipes downstairs and the flow keeps reducing to hardly anything. I guess it's most likely why the dishes are not getting clean as well. No...

Will water hammer cause the hot water relief valve to lift. [ 1 Answers ]

When using the washer and sometimes when turning on th ewater faucet I hear a bang. When I check the boiler room I notice water also driping from the hot water relief valve is this drip caused by the water hammer.

Is my hobart 600 a steam boiler or a hot water boiler. There is no circulator pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Hobart 600 automatic gas fired furnace. The first thing is I cannot see a circulater pump or a air tank. I can not tell if it is steam or hot water. When I go to fill the system with water, the system fills and then the water continues to flow out to the drain pipe.

Water Hammer on Hot water loop of Steam Boiler System [ 3 Answers ]

We have a steam boiler that provides steam for most of the house but also has a hot water loop for the additions. We have been getting a lot of water hammer and it sounds as if it is coming from the area where the first hot water radiator starts (ie it is from the hot water loop). Does anyone...

View more questions Search