Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1960 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 06:17 AM
    Allergic reaction
    I'm a 53 year old female. In the past weeks I have been experiencing my throat closing up on me. I went to the emergency room and they told me that the new medicine I was taking caused a allergic reaction. So I went home. I took the meds. They gave me. Now I've got it back again. And again. It's not going away. My voice is raspy, sometimes I feel like I'm losing my voice when I speak. When I look in the back of my throat the hole is only the size of a quarter. What is going on? Why is this happening? Oh yah, I haven't took the meds. Since I went to the hospital the first time. And it's still the same... My doctor is not in today. Any advice what this is? Why is my throat still closed up?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2013, 06:38 AM
    It takes time for meds to work. Take the ones that didn't work back to.the pharmacy and tell them what's going on. Sometimes they know more than the doctors,
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 06:41 AM
    It is most likely an allergic reaction. The likely source is the new meds but could be something completely different which could mean it is a coincidence that the reaction started with the new meds. Or the meds the ER gave you are similar enough or have the right composition to cause an reaction.

Regardless no one here can really diagnose this. Your best bet is to go back to the ER. You should never hesitate when your air way is in danger. Failing that a walking clinic or another doctor in your practice would be a good starting point. Figure this out FAST.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2013, 06:44 AM
    You didn't even tell us what the 'new medicine' is, how much you were taking, how long, and when you stopped - nor what you were given to counteract it! How can we possibly help?
    louise1960 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 01:34 PM
    Askanurse.com
    I went to the emergency room add they told me I had a allergic reaction to something. So I went home and took some meds. Now I've been experiencing headaches. And my throat is still closed up. My Question to you is, could this be caused from my tooth or is it something else?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Likely something else... allergies can come out of nowhere... with no previous symptoms... for things you were never allergic to previously.

My first allergic reaction resulted in Anaphylaxis which was even worse than you experienced.

Anaphylaxis: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic reaction [ 0 Answers ]

Had a sudden onset allergic reaction. Currently taking Zpack for sinus infection. HeMax for anemia. Methazolamide for Meniere's disease. Flonase for sinus infection. Also I have horses and spend a lot of time outdoors in the barn. Could have been bitten by insect or spider and not known it. ...

Allergic reaction [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend just found small white pimple like things and a red rash in the shaft of his penis. We had sex 5 days ago, what could it be

Allergic reaction [ 1 Answers ]

I had anallergic reaction to my brothers cats and my face got really red and itchy now I have tiny pimples all over my face

Allergic Reaction [ 1 Answers ]

As often as I come on here to learn from the knowledgeable posters and experts, one would think I would have done so tonight. My dog Nikki had been not herself today, kind of hiding and sleeping a lot. Tonight she peeked out at me from under the coffee table and her face was so swollen I freaked...

Allergic Reaction or WHAT! [ 5 Answers ]

Today is Thursday. Monday morning I started my day off normal only to notice really bad itching accompanied with the feeling of getting bit by a bug. It feels kind of like a fly biting me. It occurs all over my arms and belly and back. I have a few reb blood marks like something has bit me. I...

View more questions Search