Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumbquestn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 10:08 PM
    Can I put a pipe through metal fascia from my balcony
    I am running a plastic 50mm pipe from my balcony through metal fascia and to downpipe 450mm away via 50mm plastic pipe just under my gutter as the channel drain in my balcony did not allow me to have enough fall if I had run this pipe directly into gutter as it would have had to go uphill.
    Is what I'm doing OK plumbing wise.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 08:10 PM
    Not sure if I understand your question - but - maintain slope of at least 1/4" per foot all the way to the downspout... Also, you can drain only rain water to the downspout - not sink / toilet / tub or shower. That would have to go to dedicated sewer pipe that empties to the City sewer - not at the curb.

Hope that helps... Back to you... Milo
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2013, 08:49 PM
    You are only running 18"(450 mm) so slope doesn't have to be too much, 1/2"-(13 mm.)rain water only right?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 09:24 PM
    Going through the metal fascia (assume aluminum) no problem.
    Caulk around pipe to prevent rain water from getting behind the fascia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi I need load capacity for balcony, the reason is to put hot tub? [ 0 Answers ]

Here is an amateur pickture http://prntscr.com/4f4cf, all I need is the formula, the pickure is look from down, the yellow surface is the balcony from down... thanks in advance

Joint between 1-1/4" metal drain pipe and 1-1/2" PVC pipe into P trap [ 5 Answers ]

In replacing a broken drain pipe in bathroom sink, I discovered that the original plumber used plumber's putty to seal the join between the 1-1/4" metal drain pipe and the 1-1/2" PVC pipe leading to the PVC P trap. I know not to use plumber's putty on PVC, but since two different sized pipes were...

Remove old metal flange attatched to metal pipe [ 1 Answers ]

So I am sure this is classic. I went to replace the toilet and when I loosened the screws that hold the toilet down they just broke into pieces, they were very well rusted. The home is ~45 years old. I pulled the old toilet out and scraped the wax off the flange, there were just some very pointy...

Put pipe thread on abs to cast iron pipe threads? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1-1/2" cast iron show drain. will attach to 1-1/2" abs male threaded coupling. Do I need to put pipe thread or plummers puty on the threads?

View more questions Search