Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistina1999 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Should she clean it up?
    This might be a little long, but I will try to make it as short as possible. I live in a townhome that I rent. Our landlord pays the HOA dues. Our next door neighbor loves and feeds the birds daily. I don't have a problem with this but she is making a huge mess with all the bird seed that is falling on the ground. Now to my problem... We just moved in here in January and asked the landlord specifically if there were mice in here. He assured us there were no mice or ants. WRONG! My kids play in the basement and came up screaming when one ran by them. I am convinced that these critters are making quite the meal out of all the seed left on the ground outside and now coming to nest in my house. I already trapped one, but another one just ran across my floor into my fireplace! He disappeared into a hole in the wall of it. How do I get rid of these mice and is there a way I can get this lady to clean her mess up outside? Will all the seed really attract mice or am I just being crazy? Finally, does anyone know if I can go to the HOA meeting and ask them to deal with her or does my landlord have to do that since he is the one who owns the place. Thanks in advance for all the help.:eek:
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 26, 2007, 03:02 PM
    You're right, it's a problem.
    The birds have more than they can eat and what's left is attracting mice, and they will start breeding! Just cross your fingers that the food doesn't attract something bigger than mice.

Mice are cute, but they're a health&hygiene problem, so yes your neighbor should stop putting out so much food. A bird-feeder would be a sensible compromise.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 26, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistina1999
    This might be a little long, but I will try to make it as short as possible. I live in a townhome that I rent. Our landlord pays the HOA dues. Our next door neighbor loves and feeds the birds daily. I don't have a problem with this but she is making a huge mess with all the bird seed that is falling on the ground. Now to my problem... We just moved in here in January and asked the landlord specifically if there were mice in here. He assured us there were no mice or ants. WRONG! My kids play in the basement and came up screaming when one ran by them. I am convinced that these critters are making quite the meal out of all the seed left on the ground outside and now coming to nest in my house. I already trapped one, but another one just ran across my floor into my fireplace! He disappeared into a hole in the wall of it. How do I get rid of these mice and is there a way I can get this lady to clean her mess up outside? Will all the seed really attract mice or am I just being crazy? Finally, does anyone know if I can go to the HOA meeting and ask them to deal with her or does my landlord have to do that since he is the one who owns the place. Thanks in advance for all the help.:eek:
    Get a cat that is a mouser!! Nm
    mistina1999 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nmwirez
    Get a cat that is a mouser!!! nm

I would love to, but I'm renting and not allowed to have cats. I do have a dog, but he's a mini pinscher so the mice are just about as big as he is. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Clean up [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes after downloading something a"clean up" button appears. What is this & should I select it? Thks, noboat

Dishes won't get clean! [ 3 Answers ]

We have a brand new stainless steel dishwasher and when we run it we set it to the maximum wash, plus we use Jet Dry, but our dishes (especially our glasses) just will not get clean! They always have spots and sometimes even have food or other residue. Sometimes they even look more dirty than...

Finding clean out [ 2 Answers ]

I am a first time home buyer and need to locate my clean out. I am on a sewer system. What do I need to look for and how far from the house would it be?

Sewer clean out [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought an old stone farm house. The contractor and previous owner recently abondanded the septic field and connected the house waste to the city sewer system. He did this after we bought the property. I observed that the sewer clean out junction was not a "t" connection but a "u" shaped...

How to Clean Vents? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. We moved into a 45 year old home last summer. It has gas heat and central A/C. I doubt the vents have ever been cleaned. Is there a method to cleaning vents that can be done by the homeowner or does it need to be cleaned by a professional?

View more questions Search