Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    religion75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 04:39 AM
    Wiretransfer from us to us citizen overseas and gift tax
    I am a permanent resident in US, and I need to send about 200K to my US citizen brother living in Korea. I understand I will need to file form 709 (though I think I may not need to pay), but what about my brother? He still pays US taxes and has accounts here, would he be subject to any gift taxes? Does it make a difference whether he receives in his US account or Korea account? Much appreciated.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Aug 6, 2013, 08:24 AM
    There is no US tax for the recipient of the gift.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a uk resident parents live overseas and want to give a gift do I pay tax on 40k [ 1 Answers ]

My parents live in cyprus and have a uk bank account in gbp. My mum wants to give me 40k do I have to pay tax on this or do I only pay tax on the interest earned.

I am an American citizen and someone overseas has given me a gift [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American citizen and someone overseas who is not an American citizen has given me a gift of about $50,000. What is the best way for the money to be sent and will it be taxed? There will be several people coming from that country and each could bring $10,000, but wouldn't there be qustions...

Am I subject to gift tax for sending money to family relatives that live overseas [ 1 Answers ]

How much money can my wife, who is a permanent resident alien, and I, a U.S. citizen, send to my wife's sister who is a Chinese citizen without being subjected to the gift tax?

Tax on overseas financial gift? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a Green Card Resident from the UK, married to a US Citizen since May of last year. My father who is also English and living in England, wants to send some money over that we can use as a deposit on buying a house. Where do we stand tax wise? And would he be liable for tax if the...

Overseas Cash Gift for Escrow? Tax implications? [ 3 Answers ]

If I (US citizen) am receiving a cash gift from a non US resident/citizen, the transfer is made in foreign bank account to my foreign bank account. Then I use that amount as downpayment on a house, sent directly from my foreign bank account to the escrow company. Is there any tax complications? ...

View more questions Search