Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hush1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 01:59 AM
    Consideration for unincorporated to incorporated asset transfer
    Can you please advise whether:

When transferring assets from an unincorporated association to an incorporated association (its the same business incorporating itself), if I can transfer them for Nil consideration? Or do I have to include nominal consideration in the agreement? What are the rules surrounding this?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 08:21 AM
    It really doesn't make much of any difference.

Recitation of "for good and valuable consideration" (good meaning it's a gift; valuable meaning money, usually) may be required by the statutes governing sufficiency of real property deeds in wherever jurisdiction you are located, but probably not. Legal scriveners normally put that in to be safe (for historical reasons).

I would be more concerned with how an unincorporated association can own and transfer property. In theory, such an entity is basically a partnership, so it might be necessary that all members sign. I suggest you run this by an attorney in your jurisdiction, to avoid any problems in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asset transfer journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

For the Parent company, what is the correct journal entry to transfer fixed assets to the subsidiary? DR - Capital Distribution (Equity) CR - Equipment (Asset) Or DR - Investment Interest in Subsidiary (Asset) CR - Equipment (Asset)

Nyc unincorporated business tax [ 6 Answers ]

I have a client who is thinking about a virtual office in NYC for his unincorporated investment business. This virtual office would allow him to use the more prestigious NYC address on his letter head and business cards. According to the terms, his phone would be answered, his mail would be...

Transfer of fixed asset to another entity [ 1 Answers ]

I need to transfer a fixed asset (rental real estate) and its mortgage from one LLC to another LLC. Since both LLCs are owned by one person, no cash was involved in the transaction. What entries are needed, and which LLC shows the capital gain? $250,000 = FMV of home $200,000 = original cost...

501c3 Asset Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

I Would Like To Know If It Is Legal (or Ethical) To Create A 501c3 Corperation And Donate The Assets From A 501c3 Church That Is Being Desolved Considering The Fact That The President Of The Desolved Church Is The President Of The Newley Organized 501c3 Corperation?

View more questions Search