Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12kimberly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 10:30 PM
    Ask immigration questions free
    I am a student in Malaysia currently sitting for my final foundation semester this month.my visa expires in the next two month.there were notice signs in my university stating that if the visa is expiring in the next two months we needed to pas it up for visa renewal,I did and the international office at my school had me fill in some form.I told the attendant that I wanted yo apply for a degree visa and she said that it was the procedure.Eventually I my counselor came to school last week and advised me that a visa renewal meant that I was extending my stay in Malaysia he suggested that I sit for my exam,wait for my results,apply to the university for my degree,get an acceptance form from the university and then cancel the current visa and apply for the degree visa.and that I need to go back home while I wait for immigration to grant me the visa.is this the right procedure?

Check out some similar questions!

Ask immigration questions free [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I am on J1 visa and am planning to get married to a green card holder.it is going to be 4 years in April since he got his green card. Should I wait for him to get his citizenship and then marry him or it does not matter for me.and how long do I have to wait for him to apply for my green card....

Free immigration questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently working in the US under h1-b visa and need to go to my residency country to do the interview for my new E-1 visa my big dilemma is that I have a son he is 12 years old, the US visa web info say that children under the age of 14 no need to be participate in the interview,...

Free immigration questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there I wanted to ask is it better for my mother a green card holder to file for my siblies underage 21, or should I file for them am a US citizen 22years old and currently in the arm forces

Free immigration questions [ 1 Answers ]

My mom is a us citizen I tried to apply for citizenship through her whilst in the country on a b2 visitor visa, I was denied because she wasn't a resident between the ages 10-18 so I filed a petition i130 which would take 4 years to process, I overstayed my visa by 21 months and got married to a us...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.