Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssizemore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 09:31 AM
    viral infection with increased symptomatic rash
    My child was diagnosed with a viral infection after a rash presented. It presented mainly on her face and upper arms and seemed to be resolving over the weekend. This morning she woke with the rash presenting over her entire body and her complaint of itching has increased. Other than what presents as seasonal allergies or uri symptoms she remains afrebrile. Should I be concerned and have her re-evaluated? She was given steroids which I did not start until today.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Why did you wait to start administering the steroid?

A revaluation isn't out of the question but remember that this is a viral infection. It is going to have to run the course, there really isn't anything else you can do about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why has this gone viral? [ 15 Answers ]

A week ago some idiots posing as radio presenters impersonated the Queen and Prince Charles and made a prank call to a London Hospital. As a result the unwitting nurse who answered the phone and responded to their call was overcome, it seems, by shame and suicided. Now there was an international...

Viral infection [ 3 Answers ]

It's about me who got infected with this virus that we called Herpes simplex (HSV), my boyfriend infect me with this virus while we are on our vacation in Hong Kong first week of July this year. He didn't informed me about his illness and he didn't use condoms to protect me from this disease, now I...

Viral infection [ 1 Answers ]

On June 28th I went to the doctors complaining about a sore throat and a swollen gland on the right side of my neck. She looked in the back of my throat and said she thinks I have mono. She took a swab of my throat to see if it was strep, and then a blood test. I went home to wait for the results....

Does this sound viral to you? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My 14 year old son started feeling ill last week, dizzy, sick and hot. Then then he started to get a lump of green mucous stuck to the back of his throat which is causing him to gag and he says it smells and tastes funny. This is really unpleasant for him as he cannot keep anything down and...

View more questions Search