Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karlymuse95 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 09:15 AM
    My heart hurts whenever I eat unhealthy food
    I've ate very healthy ever since I was little, And from time to time I ate some greasy food. But I've noticed since I've been in my teens whenever I eat greasy food such as fried bread an other oily foods, my heart begins to hurt. Does anyone else get this or is it something to worry about?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 09:16 AM
    Sounds like indigestion or heartburn.

Aug 5, 2013, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Sounds like indigestion or heartburn.
    I've wondered that but it happens whenever I've just taken a bite. I don't know if you can get heart burn from just one bite and so quickly after.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Its from all the garbage they put in a lot of foods especially junk and processed foods. Any more even whole wheat Bread is no good. So many people are saying Bread is making them bloated and sick. Its not suppose to. I started buying flourless sprout bread.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Its from all the garbage they put in a lot of foods especially junk and processed foods. Any more even whole wheat Bread is no good. So many people are saying Bread is making them bloated and sick. Its not suppose to. I started buying flourless sprout bread.
    Very true. I've noticed that people can't be botherd to cook food these days too and then they complain about being overweight. I'll try the flourless sprout bread, thank you!
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 10:38 AM
    The RAW and Mediterrainine diets seem to be healthiest.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:44 AM
    The RAW and Mediterrainine diets seem to be healthiest.
    RAW? Never heard that, but I know Mediterranean food is really healthy. My mom use to cook a lot of different food when I was little, particularly Indian but she tried not to use ghee. It seems though like whenever I'm out with friends having a meal, that's when I get the pains.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 10:58 AM
    Raw is basically organic with a lot of fruits and veggies with very little meat.

Aug 5, 2013, 11:30 AM
    Raw is basically organic with a lot of fruits and veggies with very little meat.
    I'll have to try that out the only places I've been to that haven't made my chest hurt like crazy are super expensive places and a vegan café, But I only really go there when with my vegan friend other then that my friends and people I work with always want to go to fast food joints.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 11:33 AM
    It may be more but good health is cheaper in the long run.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Try an anti-acid for now, like Tums. You have plain old heartburn. Eventually you probably can get rid of it with a healthy diet, but not all people can.

There are rare conditions too, such as a hernia at the esophagus, but 99% of the time it's hearburn. It's called that because the stomach bulges up on the left side of your body, right under the heart, and the gas rises to that spot because it's highest.

Aug 6, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Try an anti-acid for now, like Tums. You have plain old heartburn. Eventually you probably can get rid of it with a healthy diet, but not all people can.

There are rare conditions too, such as a hernia at the esophagus, but 99% of the time it's hearburn. It's called that because the stomach bulges up on the left side of your body, right under the heart, and the gas rises to that spot because it's highest.
    Ah thank you I'll try and see if that works. I just didn't think it would be that because it comes on so quickly after eating something greasy. Luckily I don't eat greasy food that often! Thanks
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 04:58 PM
    Greasy foods are bad cholestrol, not good for the heart.
    priyankalol Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 10:25 PM
    In a small study from the Journal of Dental Research, people with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms experienced heartburn relief when they chewed a piece of sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after a meal.. Try this...
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Ginger works better than gum. The trident that contains xylitol is the only gum I will give my guy for his digestión. Sugar free contains artificial sweeteners like aspartame and suraclose which in the Long run worsens the problem.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by priyankalol View Post
    In a small study from the Journal of Dental Research, people with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms experienced heartburn relief when they chewed a piece of sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after a meal.. Try this....
    My wife, who has GERD, has not found this useful at all. Most the Over The Counter antacids are useless to her and most of the prescription are too. As well GERD is more of a general name for a collection of issues, like IBS. Studies are good, but only use when applicable.

For heartburn you need to deal with the acid in your stomach. Antacids work on two principles, the common neutralization effect. This is what tums does. Or the production control, which is what my wife uses. This slows down acid production.

So you can honestly either see a doctor and get some prescription antacids or go for a more holistic approach of: "If it gives me heartburn then I shouldn't eat it."
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 07:49 AM
    I got people of their GERD meds with my smoothie. Ice, unsweetened organic yogurt or kefir, 1 banana, fresh fruit or organic fruit juice, food grade aloe. You have to get ph balance and digestive flora
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 07:54 AM
    In a small study from the Journal of Dental Research, people with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms experienced heartburn relief when they chewed a piece of sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after a meal.. Try this...
    I have GERD and have found that chewing sugar free gum makes my symptoms worse, even causes diarrhea.

I got people of their GERD meds with my smoothie. Ice, unsweetened organic yogurt or kefir, 1 banana, fresh fruit or organic fruit juice, food grade aloe. You have to get ph balance and digestive flora
    Doesn't work for me either.

Nexium is the only thing that I have found after 25 years of trial and tribulation that works. AND it happens to assist in curing the damage to the esophogeal damage caused by the GERD.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 08:25 AM
    That is the as pissing on a raging campfire. It will go down, but it's still burning hot and long. You wouldn't believe the coping she had to do during her pregnancy this past year. Most of the time it was just not eating. Milk and yogurt, were staples as well as potato based products as well as Antacids. This is how we got her to stop vomiting blood from an acid induced esophogeal ulcer.

At this point Digestive flora means little. The stomach, as you well know, is just an acid bath. There's precious few bacteria in there. The bacteria that will come in the food will be useful beyond the stomach when actual absorption occurs. GERD is an acid reflux, meaning that for one reason or another stomach acid, pH 2-4 depending, is getting from the mucal lined and protected stomach to more sensitive areas and causing acid burns. The reason why a lot of those work is simple chemistry. Milk, yogurt, bananananananas and to a lesser extent the juices are more basic when compared to the stomach pH. Some even contain a buffered acid/base. So it isn't surprising that the pH is raised and the GERD seems to go into remission. Essentially the same thing as the antacid but possible for quite a bit more money. Might not be a viable solution to most.

GERD, being a bit of a spectrum disorder, can't all be cured by such remedies. You should talk to a doctor first. Experimenting can cause a lot of damage to your internals. Don't chance it.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 08:36 AM
    It sounds like she just needs to eat healthy. She said Its just when she says junk. I am the same way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cant eat food, I can drink anything but get sick when I eat. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has been a few weeks now not eatting hardly anything due to very upset stomach when he eats solid foods. He can drink fine, he drinks soda, tea, water anything, but a milk shake did him in as well. Some days he can eat very small amounts of food, and be half way OK, but most days he gets...

My dog will not eat his food unless I add a hard cooked egg to eat is that Ok [ 7 Answers ]

My dog will not eat his dog food (Beneiful healthy weight) He is approx 18 lbs I have tried everything Now I finally got a flat plate put his dog food and other little flavors added olive oil a touch he nibbles but when I add a hard cooked egg he eat it all. Is it healthy for a dog to have a...

My dog will not eat his but he will eat other dogs food [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 week yorkie he will not eat his food but if I dump it on the floor he will but he does not eat all of it and it is hard to picup because it sticks to the floor but when I take him to my moms he eats all of her dogs food what should I do

My bulldog will not eat his food but will eat if its tablefood ! Why? [ 4 Answers ]

He won't even eat if we add tablescraps he picks them out he wouldn't eat when we tried peanut butter because he couldn't get it off the dog food !

Dog won't eat (had to switch food because of heart disease) [ 4 Answers ]

My 14 year old (13.4 pound) peke refuses to eat or just eats a little per meal. He was diagnosed with heart disease so I had to switch his food to Hill's h/d prescription diet food and then I have tried Hill's k/d prescription diet food. Some meals (feeding him twice a day - 1/8 of the can mixed...

View more questions Search