Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 5, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Loud fog horn noise when toilet flushed
    Hi Tom and Welcome to The Plumbing Page at AMHD.com. You're responding to a 7 year old dead threads so I gave you one of your own. Please check the date before you post.
    Thanks
    Remove the top part of the flush valve and remove the washer. Turn it over and seat it back in firmly, Before you reassemble place a pan over the top and turn the water back on to flush out the supply. Reassemble and give it as flush.
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

Loud fog horn noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

The flat below me and my flat have different toilet noise problems. 1) Flat below seems to make a loud fog horn noise throughout the filling of the tank after a flush. The noise travellers all the way through my flat. 2) My toilet has recently started making a fairly loud squeak for a split...

Loud fog horn noise when toilet flushed [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem when I flush my upstairs toilet. It sounds like a fog horn. Sometimes the noise is relieved if I turn the cold water tap on. It's driving me crazy and I can even hear it in the garden when someone flushes it! Please help! No one dare flush in the night.

Fog horn sound when any toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When we flush any of our toilets we hear a very loud fog horn sound. The sound is coming from the basement near the main shut off. We have tried turning off the water and opening all the faucets and flush all the toilets to get the any air out of the lines. It work for about a week then it started...

Flushing toilet loud fog horn noise? But also happened after running bath water. [ 0 Answers ]

This noise has happened occasionally over the past 5 years but more in the past 2 days. It used to be only the toilet in the hall bathroom but now it's also after running bath water in a different bathroom? Help is this a sign of frozen pipes or something bad??

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.