Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Olivia100 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Problems with arousal
    Cannot get sexually aroused. I'm 20 years old and have only been sexually active for a year or so. When I was with my ex at the time when we started having sex I couldn't get aroused and even before I was with him I couldn't get aroused by myself and I still can't. I've tried arousing gels, setting the mood but can't seem to feel sexual. I feel like there is something wrong with me. I don't lubricate or anything.. I feel so insecure and that I can't be with anyone if I can't get aroused because I know sex is a big part of relationships.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Step 1 is to speak to a gynecologist, a good one, someone you like and trust and can discuss this with. It could (and possibly is) hormonal, but without an exam, without some tests, that's just a guess.

Do you know where to go for a referral to a good gyno?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 4, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Women can pretend, of course...
    As for reasons?
    - emotional problems early in life
    - not heterosexual, if trying to have sex with a man
    - hormone imbalance
    - no fantasies, not enough of the right stimulation, not really knowing what you might like (maybe deep down you can only get turned on in an airplane bathroom or pretending you are a dominatrix or a pre-teen or... Angelina Jolie?

Not trying to be funny, just wondering if any of the above sound like possibilities, not just the fantasies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arousal and period [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy.. I never had sex with him.. but when I am sexually aroused there is some discharge. This month I don't have my periods.. does sexual arousal affects my period.. I am very tensed please suggest..

Painful arousal [ 13 Answers ]

Should women feel pain around the vagina area when getting aroused?

Easy arousal! [ 30 Answers ]

Hey I an 18y.o gay male and a virgin and I want to know how I can stop being so easily aroused. Whenever I'm even just pulling/kissing a guy I get a full erection and its even wet. There is then a wet patch on my jeans. Even when I try thinking of different things it won't go away! Its really...

Sexual arousal [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've been married for 6 years now soon to be 7 we had 3 children within a 4 year period we've lost our connection and just wondering if there's any suggestions on how to get the spark going again Thanks dode:confused:

View more questions Search