Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savyone Posts: 24, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2013, 10:25 PM
    Pregnancy
    If I have a period on the 8th of march. What days can I possibly become pregnant? For the last three months my cycles have been between 25 to 30 days. Also. One place estimated due date 12/19 and another 12/13.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 10:34 PM
    Dating is all an estimate. 6 days is pretty close and nothing to be concerned about.

Is paternity in question?

Aug 3, 2013, 10:52 PM
    Yes, sex with one man all march and one the 11th of April

Also I want to know how to get the DNA performed through the hospital I deliver. The one in march is denying paternity because it is a girl and for 3 generations only boys in his family. Also he just got a vasectomy February 20th.

My period came on 14th of December, 12th of January, 5th of February, and 8th of march. I took birth control in November and it threw off my cycles which use to be around the first of every month. I appreciate your help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by savyone View Post
    Also I want to know how to get the DNA performed through the hospital I deliver. The one in march is denying paternity because it is a girl and for 3 generations only boys in his family. Also he just got a vasectomy February 20th.
    He had a vasectomy a month before having sex with you? That means he could very well be the father. A vasectomy isn't instant, it takes time before the man is rendered sterile. When my husband had his vasectomy our doctor told us to use protection for at least 3 months after the procedure. He also asked my husband to come in for testing 3 months after, to make sure he was shooting blanks.

Having a girl means nothing. It doesn't matter if every child born in his family has been a boy since Adam and Eve, you being pregnant with a girl doesn't mean it's definitely not his.

Aug 3, 2013, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    He had a vasectomy a month before having sex with you? That means he could very well be the father. A vasectomy isn't instant, it takes time before the man is rendered sterile. When my husband had his vasectomy our doctor told us to use protection for at least 3 months after the procedure. He also asked my husband to come in for testing 3 months after, to make sure he was shooting blanks.

Having a girl means nothing. It doesn't matter if every child born in his family has been a boy since Adam and Eve, you being pregnant with a girl doesn't mean it's definitely not his.
    He finally tested in May and had no sperm.
    Pets Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 11:13 PM
    He finally tested in May and had no sperm.
    Good for him. You had sex with him in March or April (not sure which guy this is), so a test in May really doesn't mean a lot. He could still be the father.

Aug 3, 2013, 11:18 PM
    Which one is the father?

March guy or April?
    Pets Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 11:25 PM
    Which one is the father?
    Either one. Only a DNA test, after the baby is born, can determine paternity. The dates are too close to even venture a guess, and due date, and ultrasounds, are a best guess, they can be off 2 weeks either way (up to a month). So the only way to figure out who the father is, is a DNA test when baby is born.

Aug 4, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Either one. Only a DNA test, after the baby is born, can determine paternity. The dates are too close to even venture a guess, and due date, and ultrasounds, are a best guess, they can be off 2 weeks either way (up to a month). So the only way to figure out who the father is, is a DNA test when baby is born.
    Thank you for your help but I was hoping the OB nurse would have giving her educated opinion.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:07 AM
    I'm here. I was just at work last night and very busy.

What Alty said is correct. The dates are too close to call one man or the other the biological father without a DNA test done after the baby is born.

Aug 4, 2013, 06:08 AM

My question here is more for someone who knows dates and ovulation and which one is dad based on this info I give

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'm here. I was just at work last night and very busy.

What Alty said is correct. The dates are too close to call one man or the other the biological father without a DNA test done after the baby is born.
    So having a 50 day cycle is likely with #2. The dates are pretty far apart.

I have to have a DNA, I was just wondering the likliness

Also took a pregnancy test 5 days after last sex on the 11th and tested positive and on the six day ultrasound showed a gestational sac
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:17 AM
    Using my gestational wheel, the same one your doctor uses to determine due dates, it appears you conceived somewhere around March 20 to April 10, based solely upon the due dates given to you.

Remember that gestational dating is only a best guess estimate. It is impossible to know exactly when you ovulated and exactly when the sperm met the egg. This is why DNA testing is imperative.

Just a little fun fact... Did you know that twins can actually have two fathers?

Aug 4, 2013, 06:22 AM
    I am in contact with both however, kind of hoping it was the one April 11th
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:23 AM
    It may be either, the one would have still had sperm at the time of having sex with you,

Conception dates are estimates, and ovulation calendars are not correct, so you were not actually tracking ovulation.

You will have to do DNA test when child is born.

Aug 4, 2013, 06:23 AM
    That would be crazy having twins, the ultrasound at 5 mo confirmed previous due date dec 13 and showed a baby girl sucking her thumb. Does the pregnancy test or gestational sac tell anything?
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:24 AM
    No, neither the pregnancy test nor the gestational sac will tell you anything as far as paternity is concerned. Paternity is a matter of genetics, thus the DNA test after the birth is required.

Aug 4, 2013, 06:25 AM
    Can you get a gestational sac after 6 days post sex?
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:27 AM
    No, typically not. But more unusual things have happened.

You owe it to your child to have the DNA test conducted so as to possibly rule out certain genetic disorders as well as knowing which man to go after for child support. When filing child support, if not married at the time of the birth, DNA testing will be required anyway.

Aug 4, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Do you file for child support at same time of birth or how do I start the process. BTW one MD told me that it couldn't have a gestational sac of that measure possibly,, but I wanted other opinions,, at 6 days they told me I was 51/2 weeks gestation.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Remember what I said... Stranger things have happened.

One way I like to describe it in layman's terms is that unless there is a camera in your fallopian tube taking video's, we never know exactly when we ovulate and when the sperm meets the egg.

I delivered my daughter at 35 weeks and the pediatrician told me she was 40 weeks after a test called the New Ballard test was performed.

As for filing for child support, that is done after you leave the hospital through the court system. Whatever you do, do not list a father on the birth certificate after the delivery. That would be falsifying information since you don't know who the father is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

Lighter periods,pregnancy symptoms,negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I need help around last month in August I got a,weird feeling that I was pregnant. My period was about 2days late but it was lighter than normal,I had no symptoms of anything it prolonged for 7days, I then went to having cramps,sore boobs,being really tired! This month my period was 3days late...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search