Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kperez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2013, 04:08 PM
    a/c stuck
    The thermostat stays stuck at 76, even after lowering the temperature. The a/c doesn't blow a lot of cold air, but seems to run. The a/c unit freezes up even after replacing the motor 3x already. Replaced the thermostat 2x already. Freon is OK. Not sure what else to check. The a/c company has been to my house 5x already and they don't know what is wrong with the unit. They stopped answering my calls. Help, please.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Units typically freeze up from low freon or low air flow. Make sure all filters are clean, Acoil is clean and there are no duct obstructions. Why was motor replaced 3X? Seems like a waste of money.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 06:21 PM
    Most of the time these days the a-coil does not get the dirt in gets stuck in the secondary heat exchanger coil depending on what type of system. I agree most likely a airflow problem, and why was the motor and t-stat changed? I would say one of the coils are cloged and unit way over charged. Sounds like the hvac company not answering your call is the best thing for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm stuck on this on! [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the following reaction, which takes place in an autoclave at 250^oC and 800 atm. Na3(g)+ 7/4O2(g) -> NO2(g)+ 3/2H2O(g) Into the reaction vessel has been placed 200L of NH3(g) and 120L of O2(g). The reaction is allowed to go to completion. Determine the quantity, in moles, of gas that...

What do I do I am stuck? [ 16 Answers ]

Ok so my friend tells me this teacher got a little accident, he doesn't tell them much no matter how they ask. He just tells them vague. So after the bell I ask him and he says the story, so now I know. Does he care if I tell people because if he does why would he say that. Does he deep down hope...

Stuck Between The Two [ 56 Answers ]

So I have been dating my current boyfriend for 6 going on 7 months now and I love him and enjoy being with him.. we went to high school together and he wants to have a family with me one day... byt on the other hand he's very secretive and we have had a lot of arguments over his so called best...

I'm Stuck [ 4 Answers ]

Okay... I have never asked anyone for help with this stupid situation I have got myself STUCK in. Well I have been with this guy for five years. After the third year the loving, happy, and fun man I was with wasn't so loving, happy or fun anymore. He went through a bad injury at work and was left...

Stuck On You [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of the Farrelly brother's movie, Stuck On You, Walt (played by Greg Kinnear) sings a song during the Bonnie and Clyde musical. I have searched the internet, and cannot find an answer. Anyone know the name/original composer of the song? Thanks!

View more questions Search