Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrjoe9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2013, 09:35 AM
    Georgia Garnishment Answers
    What about unemployment checks?if they had a garnishment and I lost my job do they have to return to court to take my car or my garnish my unemployment check?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2013, 11:50 AM
    They have a Judgment and can take any assets allowable by law without an additional Court procedure. Unemployment benefits are exempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

My question is in regards to wage garnishments in the state of Georgia. What types of debit can I be garnished for in Georgia? Will filing bankruptcy keep me from having my wages garnished?

Garnishment in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I am currently in quite a bit of debt, and due to circumstances I can't really pay any of it at this point in my life. Recently - 2 months ago - I was sued and had a judgement made against me without being notified of anything. After speaking with the law office that handled the case, I was...

Garnishment in Georgia [ 4 Answers ]

Can a credit card debt collector attach or freeze a joint checking account for a debt owed by only the husband? Can they attach or freeze a checking account in only the wife's name?

Georgia Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just found out that there is a garnishment on my bank account in Georgia resulting in a zero balance :( Do you think they can take my car This debt is not related to my car which is paid for. Also do you think there is anyway I can get this garnishment off my account? I am trying to pay this...

Garnishment in Georgia [ 4 Answers ]

Hello brilliant minds! I have a question about a judgement handed down against me in Fulton county Georgia.Calvary portfolio svcs.llc won a judgement for$4182.00(which turned into $9982.00 by the time of garnishment.I have heard of court costs but over double? Sheesh!)Anyway I was wondering if...

View more questions Search