Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankpanion Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 08:40 PM
    Refill taxes
    I recently filed for disablity and was turned down saying I have not paid anything sense 2008, I did work I was self employed as a courier & Process Server so I wrote all the miles off and it made my income $0.00 My Question is can I go back and amend a few years taxes and not claim all the miles I drove??
    Thanks for your time and help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 08:53 AM
    I'll say no - if you filed an honest tax return going back and filing a dishonest return in order to collect benefits is not going to work. The filing will not be successful.

Aug 3, 2013, 01:03 AM
    So would this be illegal ? Are you a CPA or tax advisor? I was told by an attorney to check with a CPA or tax advisor... Thank you for your help...
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'll say no - if you filed an honest tax return going back and filing a dishonest return in order to collect benefits is not going to work. The filing will not be successful.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2013, 07:21 AM
    No, I'm neither - I work in the legal profession. This is not the first attempt I've seen where someone refiles an income tax return in order to receive benefits - or avoid paying child support.

How are you going to explain that your first tax return was fraudulent?

Aug 3, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Iam not sure , just trying to get some help some how I can't work and worked from 1980 till 2013 and there is nothing for me... Iam 1 year short on my disability.. I can't retire till I am 62 that's 9 years away... Thank you for your help...
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No, I'm neither - I work in the legal profession. This is not the first attempt I've seen where someone refiles an income tax return in order to receive benefits - or avoid paying child support.

How are you going to explain that your first tax return was fraudulent?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 03:47 PM
    Believe or not, you have a legal obligation to claim valid deductions, so you CANNOT amend to to unclaim the mileage.

Aug 5, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Thanks for Both of your help with this Question.. I will have to find another way to servive
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 04:21 PM
    I know, and it's not fair -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refill of toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet takes a really long time (5 minutes) to refill. I've tried lowering the tank valve(?) with no change and moving the refill tube to fill just the tank but not much water fills the bowl, what am I missing?

Replaced the brass refill assembly and now hissing noise on refill [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the brass refill assembly with one that looked like the old one but now after flushing is makes a loud hissing noise while it is refilling.

Refill problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have just had to replace the push flush on my toilet. That is now working fine but I am having problems with the refill, IT JUST Won't STOP. Any ideas how I can stop this.

Tank Refill [ 3 Answers ]

The toilet will flush but the tank does not fill with water afterwards.

Toilet will not refill [ 9 Answers ]

When you flush the toilet, the tank will not refill. Do we need to replace the part that is in there?

View more questions Search