Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anne7716 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Alcoholic adult son and daughter.
    My oldest adult son and daughter are terrible alcoholics. (Their younger brother is not, thank the Lord). They're making our lives a living hell. My husband and I have never touched alcohol and nobody else has in our families. Where is this coming from? Does anyone relate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 05:31 PM
    Do they live at home ? How are they making your life hell ?

They often drink because it is from friends or society, some even start when they rebell to do anything they are ordered not to do

The issue is, there is nothing you can do for them, they have to want to change and often that means falling flat and hitting bottom first
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 06:19 PM
    How do they function in their live and what episode have they been involved in? Is the drinking period that' terrible, or is there a lot more to the story? How old are they?

If they are indeed alcoholics then do not enable, or help them, and protect yourselves. Very tough love is a start. Fr. Chuck is right, little can be done by you unless they themselves see that alcohol is a problem in their live, and they want help to change it for themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with adult alcoholic son [ 26 Answers ]

My alcoholic son is presently serving time in jail for dui and probation violation. He is 37 and has been through several rehab programs over the past 20 years with family encouragement, love and support but with no success. His sister and I have decided not to contact him this time and see if he...

Alcoholic adult daughter with baby! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,this is my first post,and I am desperate for advice. My 32 year old daughter is an alcoholic and has a 7 month old baby. Lately she has started to drink again,and lies and manipulates family members. The other night,my other adult daughter went to babysit for her so she could attend an AA...

Adult daughter believes I am an alcoholic [ 3 Answers ]

My adult daughter called me up last night and told me she believes I am an alcoholic. I am 63 years old and really hurt and offended. I always imagined that we were close but I guess that the reality is that she does not even know me. I worked with women in recovery for years and I think I can...

My son is an adult alcoholic, what do I do [ 3 Answers ]

My son is a very smart , handsome and charismatic young man of 32 who has worked for our family business as he did not finish college and has drifted since he graduated high school. He has no girl friend but is the most friendliest guy you could meet. He has had trouble for at least 10 years and...

View more questions Search