Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bettylalu18 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 06:05 PM
    I'm being bullied and physically confronted in school?
    Hi, I'm a Ghanaian female who just transferred to another college. Ever since I started college,I have been bullied, harassed,and verbally assaulted by black and Hispanic females at school. There are these 3 black females who keep picking fights with me in my class and calling me a stupid African. Last Thursday morning, on my way to school, I ran into the females who are threatening and harming me. As I approached them, they grew silent and started whispering to each other and I heard one of them whisper, (that African girl is so stupid she's always sitting by herself and she never talks to anyone). They instantly blew out laughing at me and pointed at my clothing from my head to my toes they really harassed and hurt my feelings. But I did not take them seriously and shrugged it off.

Since then, I have tried my best to talk to the students at school to get people to like and not hate me instead. But the black and Hispanic females in my school keep spreading rumors about me, bumping into me in the hallways, and pointing at me for no reason. I don't know what I ever did to be treated this way. The black and Hispanic females keep calling me an African and disgracing me. Every day when I go to school, I pray in my head and on my way, I pray to God for guidance and protection.

But I am much older than the females who are bullying me in school. I should be focusing on my studies for my future career right now. Every day, the black and Hispanic females in my school point at me, pick fights with me, and harass me and I'm always crying because I'm sensitive. I told my parents about this issue but they did not believe me and kept screaming on me. They even ignored me. But the black and Hispanic students keep attacking me. Whenever I try to talk to the students, they ignore me and give me attitude. They behave as if they don't want to be nice with me. I don't have any friends in my school because no one ever approaches or talks to me. They always ignore and desert me. The boys in my school make fun of my clothes and say how cheap my clothes are. They also make remarks about how ugly I am and that I'm not good looking compared to the other females at school and outside. I guess no one likes me because they're just jealous of me and want to make sure I'm never happy and always feeling down.

What should I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:09 PM
    Why are you "much older"? You are really 21 and in college? This sounds like middle school behavior.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:23 PM
    In which city is this college? How do they know you are a "stupid Ghanaian?" Are you Caucasian?

Where were you before (college), and why did you transfer?

(Sorry about all the questions, but we need background on this.)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Are you going to school in the USA? There are serious laws here on racism and their behavior as adults. Since Its college if they cross the line they could be charged with hazing (if in USA). You do need to document this all and tell someone in some Type of authority.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:41 PM
    You said that they attack you very often in your question, and they pick fights. If they're physically harming you, why hasn't this been reported?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:42 PM
    If you are at a USA university, see the campus police. They should take a report and begin an investigation.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Also if this happens around any security cameras they may have been caught on video
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:47 PM
    I'm just shocked that a group of adults, all supposedly intelligent enough to get into college, would act like a group of adolescents.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Sounds like rich spoiled brats
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 08:35 PM
    My guess it is placed in the wrong forum and they are really perhaps in high school. This is not college behavior, at least in any US college I know of.

I hope the poster comes backs and updates this.
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    My guess it is placed in the wrong forum and they are really perhaps in high school. this is not college behavior, at least in any US college I know of.

I hope the poster comes backs and updates this.
    I do agree Chuck, but, the OP stated that she's 21, she also stated that she just transferred to this college. So either the OP is lying, or she's very immature, and goes to college with a group of very immature adults as well.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 06:03 AM
    She posted another about guys find her disgusting. I think she needs to ask one of the guys she feels most comfortable around and ask him for an honest critic about what it is that is making everybody think she is sooooo ----as she said they say-- ewwwww
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 06:35 AM
    I know some people who are just from Africa, and if this person is such and has moved to Europe or the US, some of her customs or even body hygene may not be at the same standards as those in US. Some of my Chinese friends here would e disgusting in the US, but are normal here in China.

Also other issues of use of language, and more, can send the wrong signals.

I know misunderstands are easy, when one does not know common expressions. A person may no proper english, but not slang.

An example, I have a very close friend here, they are not a "best" friend, but not a regular friend. So I used the term, special friend, while they appeared to want this, after I used the term, it appears here in China, the term special friend is same thing as friend with benefits.
    Toni (my wife) was not amused at the misunderstanding
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 06:43 AM
    Basically what I am wondering but since we have no idea of her other than what she says they say and do I think its best for her to get an honest answer from one of the guys that tell her ewwww. We can guess on something's but there could be more going on that we never guess.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 09:14 AM
    "I guess no one likes me because they're just jealous of me and want to make sure I'm never happy and always feeling down. "

What about you makes them jealous?

Aug 2, 2013, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    In which city is this college? How do they know you are a "stupid Ghanaian?" Are you Caucasian?

Where were you before (college), and why did you transfer?

(Sorry about all the questions, but we need background on this.)
    My college is in bronx, New York. Before I was in another college in manhattan called borough of manhattan community college. I transferred because I finished my 2 year term in college and entered a different 2 year college to finish up my major. But I did not come there to be bullied and be harassed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2013, 05:23 AM
    Why haven't you answered any of our other questions?

Aug 2, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You said that they attack you very often in your question, and they pick fights. If they're physically harming you, why hasn't this been reported?
    I already reported them to the school official but the girls pretended not to do anything and turned the story around on me. The girls kept frowning at giving me mean faces in the presence of the school official and they even tried to fight with me in the office. Those girls are disrespectful and they need help.

Aug 2, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    "I guess no one likes me because they're just jealous of me and want to make sure I'm never happy and always feeling down. "

What about you makes them jealous?
    They are jealous of my exotic looks and respectful nature, and it shows in their actions.

Aug 2, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    She posted another about guys find her disgusting. I think she needs to ask one of the guys she feels most comfortable around and ask him for an honest critic about what it is that is making everybody think she is sooooo ----as she said they say-- ewwwww
    But the other question I posted about not being approached by guys is true. They say eww to me when I don't even touch them. And if they don't like me but my female friends, classmates, and aunties let them just say it. Because I'll never be jealous of them they aren't worth it. You're asking why don't ask them because I'm not desperate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I get bullied at school because I'm ginger [ 8 Answers ]

I get bullied at school because I'm ginger but it has been going on all my life and every time I get bullied I kind of make myself ill like the next morning I feel very ill and I need some advice on overcoming that. I also do archery with my dad and they also have started bullying me because I do...

Will I be bullied in high school [ 6 Answers ]

I have glasses and I am very quite I'm so scared and I want to fit in my phone is really old and they might bully me about that helpppp me

Confronted with the Past [ 44 Answers ]

I'm not sure I'm looking for advice, more like a place to vent because its not something my friends will understand. I dated my friend's brother for about a year, we broke up because it was too serious and quite honestly, neither of us knew what we were doing. I was in love, he wasn't sure he was...

View more questions Search