Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roncat200079 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Central Air Fan
    I recently had trouble starting my central air unit. (Kenmore Model Soft Sound CAC 024AKA1) I replaced the capacitor with one slightly larger as the original is no longer available. When the thermostat is lowered both compressor and fan run. After 3 or 4 minutes the fan stops, but compressor continues running. I checked the current, and it is only drawing normal current for a 1/8 hp .7 -.8 of an amp. The fan motor has 3 wires going to it and I don't know if it is capacitor assisted. Wiring diagram was destroyed by weather so I am kind of in the dark. Any help would be appreciated.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2013, 02:23 PM
    Is the cap going to the fan the same mfd as the old one? If it is sounds like a new fan motor is needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

Bryant central air outside fan is running too slow and inside air is not cool [ 1 Answers ]

Bryantcentral air outside fan is running too slow and inside air is not cool

Bryant central air condenser fan is running too slow and inside air in not cool [ 1 Answers ]

Bryant central air condenser fan is running too slow and inside air in not cool

Fan on central air [ 5 Answers ]

I noticed my central air wasn't cooling the house off. I went outside and I could hear it, but I looked and the big fan on top wasn't moving. What could the problem be why it isn't other than it is broke?

Central Air will blow air, but fan outside isn't working [ 3 Answers ]

We have central air, and recently it wasn't blowing cool air like it used to. We then noticed that the fan outside wasn't working even when the central air was turned on. Does anyone know what I should do before calling someone?

View more questions Search