Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katkev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 06:10 AM
    If my heater was submerged in water due to a storm is that covered by insurance
    We had a storm and water went under the crawlspace and submerged my heater 3/4 a way under water. Now it is not working. Is that covered by homeowners insurance?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Not unless you have flood insurance...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 30, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Each insurer and each policy is different. Read your policy or call your company.
    HO insurers hate covering water damage from anything, even burst pipes, but especially storms, floods, and hurricanes.

You shouldn't have a heater in a crawlspace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submerged water wells [ 1 Answers ]

Water runs from union opened at top of casing at fairly good rate for a short period and will suddenly fall off to practically nothing. Pump still runs but seems that it may be running the water column dry faster than the ground water can refill the space. Considering blowing base out with air..?...

Submerged water well [ 1 Answers ]

My welll will humm if I hold them points but want pump up do I need to prime the well it is a sum Bmerged well not shure how deep put new capacitore,starter relay, and overload switch

Water heater not working due to water flooding [ 2 Answers ]

My basement in a duplex flooded and took out pilot lights for both water heaters. They are both manual igniting pilots. I was able to light one of them. The second heater is not releasing gas when I press the pilot button like the 1st one did. I don't smell any gas and the pilot is not lighting...

Floors covered in insurance? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have noticed that parts of our upstairs flooring has been becoming springy! On closer inspection it appears we have chip board flooring laid upstairs and this has started collapsing at the joints, it has all been laid poorly and does not appear to be water treated. To add to that it...

View more questions Search