Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penatic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 04:47 AM
    A baseball batter hits the ball and gives it a velocity of 30 m/s. the ball is caught
    By center-fielder 75 meters away from the batter at the same level it is hit. Find the angle at which it left the bat.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 05:52 AM
    I suggest you start by setting up the equations of motions for both the vertical and horizontal directions, and use values of y=0 and x = 75m. This gives you two equations with unknown values of angle and flight time. Two equations in two unknowns - use algebra to solve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eddie kicked a soccer ball with 115 N of force. His foot connected with the ball for [ 1 Answers ]

Eddie kicked a soccer ball with 115 N of force. His foot connected with the ball for 0.01 m. How much work did Eddie do on the ball?

When you hold a heavy ball in your hand at rest, the forces on the ball [ 6 Answers ]

When you hold a heavy ball in your hand at rest, the forces on the ball

11. A golfer on a level fairway hits a ball at an angle of 21? To the horizontal and [ 1 Answers ]

11. A golfer on a level fairway hits a ball at an angle of 21? To the horizontal and it travels 102 yd before striking the ground. He then hits another ball from the same spot with the same speed but at a different angle. This ball also travels 102 yd. At what angle was the second ball hit?

Velocity of a ball kicked [ 1 Answers ]

A ball is kicked from a location < 7, 0, -6 > (on the ground) with initial velocity < -9, 15, -3 > m/s. The ball's speed is low enough that air resistance is negligible. What is the velocity of the ball 0.4 seconds after being kicked? (Use the Momentum Principle!) I divide 7,0,6 by .4 and got...

I got base ball and foot ball trying to fine out how much [ 1 Answers ]

Oj simpson 1975 card Two pete rose cards Will mays baseball gold card 1964 Michael jordan rookie baseball card

View more questions Search