Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Do this:

Tell him that he's an idiot.

Tell him he needs to prove he loves you.

Tell him he's an idiot.

Seriously though... he's an idiot. You should never have to prove to anyone that you love them. The fact that you are scared that this may cause an argument shows me that he has you under his control... you feel you need to do this to keep everything peaceful and happy. You don't need to do this. If you are worried about causing an issue by not "proving" your love, then he is not worth your time.

I also agree with others... he wants sex. He told you to decide what you want to do but everything you did for him wasn't good enough... he's playing a game with you and until you can realize that a partner that respects you will not do such things, he will continue to do so.
    jackieelovee_ Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 01:16 PM
    You think he's 15 and he isn't :b I'm 15 he's 18 .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackieelovee_ View Post
    Ya'll think he's 15 and he isn't :b I'm 15 he's 18 .
    That makes it even scarier. He is grooming you for sex and a life under his thumb.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Yep that's worse yet. And depending on your state law his proof may land him in jail.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 01:34 PM
    "Ya'll think he's 15 and he isn't :b I'm 15 he's 18 ."

No, I'all think you're 15 acting like a 15 year old and he's 18 acting like a 15 year old. I think you are missing our points.

He's 18 and you gave him a poster to prove your love?

Where are your parents in this?

Jul 30, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Maybe because poster giving is what's in right now . And thank you very much but my parents passed away in a car accident I live with my cousin who's 20 so she isn't much help .
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Like he said you haven't figured it out. You haven't figures it out because you aren't thinking like an 18 year old male.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the added information. He is definitely taking advantage of your young age, lack of guidance and support, and feelings for him, mostly your fear of losing him.

Protect yourself.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 06:49 PM
    This guy is trying to get you to have sex with him. He is taking advantage of you and you need to leave him alone. This is bad news.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 10:43 PM
    Proving it, is what older boys says, to get you to have sex. All he wants is sex and is saying if you don't have sex with him, you don't love him.

This is what they all say, nothing unsual about it.

Jul 31, 2013, 12:37 AM
    And say if I want to just have sex with him how will that affect us ? Or me ? Is it a wrong thing ? Like after that long of us being together I think its time but how will it affect us ?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 01:20 AM
    It stands a good chance of turning your life , your Baby's life,
    And everyone around you into shambles.

There is no fool proof way of not getting pregnant except not having sex.
    At 15 you are not ready. At 18 he should know better than to pressure you about sex unless he is selfish and immature and does not really care about you. If he did he would not act the way he does.

Sex does not prove love. Honest caring and concern for each other is a good indicator. He does not show this.

Jul 31, 2013, 01:22 AM
    He isn't pressuring me though...
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 03:51 AM
    A lot of guys say they respect a girl more for waiting. A lot of times when guys get you to bed Its all downhill because they got what they wanted. There is a saying 'Why buy the cow when the milk is free.'
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:08 AM
    He isn't pressuring me though ...
    Naw, no pressure just prove you love him. The oldest line in the book for guys to get in a girls pants and the only proof he will accept.

How did that poster idea work out for you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Of course he is pressuring you, that is the entire "prove it" he is wanting you to say it is your idea
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 07:16 AM
    36 posts later my suspicions are confirmed - "And say if I wanna just have sex with him how will that affect us ?" So much for creating posters.

It's a sign of your level of maturity that you can't understand why sex and pregnancy at 15 are a very bad idea.

Be prepared for hearing a lot of "if you love me/want to "keep" me/want to be my girlfriend" you'll have sex with me if you're an average looking woman who dates.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Sure he is. This is what all of this "prove your love for me" mess is about.
    This guy is manipulating you and I'd venture to say if you get pregnant, he will be gone. You are not ready for sex or motherhood and this guy is in my opinion a jerk. You don't need a boyfriend or sex, you need an adult who is looking out for you and your best interest, who is aware of your dating this 18 year old.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 07:40 AM
    And say if I wanna just have sex with him how will that affect us ? Or me ? Is it a wrong thing ? Like after that long of us being together I think its time but how will it affect us ?
    Where are you? It could affect both of you pretty well if he goes to jail for having sex with you.

LMAO!! That's what this whole "prove" thing is all about! You are being pressured, you just are too naïve to see it.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 08:41 AM
    I am concerned legally on several levels - a 20 year old cousin has custody of this 15 year old; the boyfriend has "come over" to the house to talk to her about their break up and reconciliation (so the cousin knows); OP can't see she's being groomed; boyfriend is apparently quite careful not to SAY "have sex with me or I'm leaving," which I suspect he THINKS means sex will be her suggestion and/on consensual (and, of course, he's wrong and will still go to jail).

Many warning signs -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy I love and loves me back is asking me to prove my love how do I do that? [ 4 Answers ]

So in the summer a guy I knew since 6th grade started talking to me over text we slowly fell in love but we aren't together because of his ex and we see each other every day. A while ago he was textin my best friend and I and saying the same things at times and similar things at others and he...

How to prove your love? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend tell each other we love yous every day about 50 times a day. But at the end we always say I love you more or something like that, and tells me to prove it and I don't know how. What do I do to prove to him that I love him? I mean we write notes and sweet things like that to...

How do I prove to him I'm only w/him and that I DO love him [ 10 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for in all 14years. We've lived together in a studio for the last 3yrs. It seems like every time I turn around we argue. We never argued. People would see us on the street and try to understand our relationship thinking we're just friends but we were so happy in love...

How Can I Prove I Love Him [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I know I am only 16 but me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 6 months and I KNOW ITS LOVE! Its just we have been having a lot of difficulties. I kind of lied to him 2 time but they were over very little things and now he doesn't think I love him. And that I don't care for him. We...

I Love Him. But How Can I Prove It? [ 7 Answers ]

OK I Love My Boyfriend To Pieces! And He Loves Me.. But My ex has said to me that he wants me back (by text) and my boyfriend saw my text and he thinks that I don't love him and that he is going to loose me! But I don't want anything to do with my ex! I have told my boyfriend this 100 times and he...

View more questions Search