Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackieelovee_ Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 03:46 AM
    He wants me to prove I love him.
    Hi , I'm 15 and there's this guy who I've been dating for a year and 5 months (: We recently had a little break up but that didn't separate us at all. It actually made us A LOT closer and all, but now we're back on our let's get back together routine . Of course I'm super happy that my first love is asking to be back with me but he's asking me to prove and show that I truly love him. What do I do? I already told him in person how I felt, I made him posters, I've gone out and about but he still says prove it or show me. HELP!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 30, 2013, 03:51 AM
    Seriously, sounds like HE is the one with the issues and his insistence on these silly games just proves it.

You need to look deeper into matters and why he is making these childish demands.
    I know you are both children, but you can't prove the intangible...

Jul 30, 2013, 03:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Seriously, sounds like HE is the one with the issues and his insistence on these silly games just proves it.

You need to look deeper into matters and why he is making these childish demands.
    I know you are both children, but you can't prove the intangible...
    So what are you saying I should do ?
    BossMan

Jul 30, 2013, 03:58 AM
    Tell HIM to stop playing silly games with you.

Jul 30, 2013, 03:59 AM
    What if I say that and it causes an argument
    BossMan

Jul 30, 2013, 04:01 AM
    Than he clearly doesn't have the same feelings for you and isn't worth your time or effort..

Jul 30, 2013, 04:03 AM
    Honestly that's how I feel some times but then I see him and its like it all goes aways and its only me and him in our ownlittle world :/
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Maybe he is trying to get you to have sex with him, and that is no proof of love. He sounds like an immature creep.
    Tell him he either believes or he doesn't. Why did you break up in the first place?

Jul 30, 2013, 07:19 AM
    @homegirl50
    We broke up because his ex which was my "friend" told him I cheated and told me he cheated so we got in an argument and broke up but I mean we still talked and everything than 2days later he came over and we talked about it in person
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 07:24 AM
    At 15 Its sex, when the sex wears off Its do this do that, by the time you live together Its about walking on eggshells doing what he likes. Then Its picking up after him. It never ends, gets more demanding and you lose YOU along the way. People that want you to orove yourself always want more and are self centered. You won't see it at first. So he makes you melt when you see him; go window shopping instead! When the chase wears off and grows old and rusty you will be asking what did I get myself into!

Jul 30, 2013, 07:27 AM
    @ N0help4u

But if its sex why hasn't he ever tried it before ? Like he's had a year and 5months and barley tries it now ?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 07:34 AM
    Why don't you ask him what it is he wants you to do to prove your love, then you'll have your answer.
    He breaks up with you because his ex and your so called friend says you cheat and two days later you're back together, this is very immature stuff.
    Like I said before he either believes you or he doesn't. If he wants more proof he needs to get lost and grow up.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 07:35 AM
    Ask him what it is he wants you to do to prove love. Let me know and I can give you a good come back. But whether Its sex or washing his dirty laundry any guy that says proves is cause for alarm.

Jul 30, 2013, 07:39 AM
    Trust me I've asked plenty of times and all he says is that's for you to prove to me .
    And @ homegirl50 sorry that you think my relationship is immature.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 07:53 AM
    I said he is immature and he is. The whole break up and prove your love to me thing is immature. As long as you are nice to this guy and respectful you are proving your love for him. If he can't see or understand that he is immature and you need to leave him alone. There will always be something wrong and he will always be asking for more.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 08:00 AM
    And how does he "prove" his love to you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 08:04 AM
    You are 15, of course it's immature, and so is his wanting you to prove your love for him. Its an immature ploy to see how far you will go to keep him. This silly game is not love, it's a power struggle to get more than you can or want to give and if you fall for it, as you already have, he will ask for even more proof instead of appreciating what you have already done.

Maybe you cannot see the bad points of this because he is your first love, but because he is young and immature, and selfish, that doesn't mean YOU have to be. You found out that being friends with his conniving ex was a bad idea, and now you will find that taking silly crap from a first love is too. Yes its silly immature selfish crap, and that's not love, or caring is it?

I know, your heart wants what it wants but what does your brain say? First love or not, protect yourself from this selfish immature kid.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Power struggle-----BINGO!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 11:07 AM
    I don't think mature people in a mature relatonship prove their love by either making or receiving posters (expressing that love).

You're in the relationship with him - ask him what he's talking about. I think he enjoys keeping you confused, off balance, guessing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I don't think mature people in a mature relatonship prove their love by either making or receiving posters (expressing that love).
    I'm thinking a parade and marching bands or maybe bags of confetti released from the ceiling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy I love and loves me back is asking me to prove my love how do I do that? [ 4 Answers ]

So in the summer a guy I knew since 6th grade started talking to me over text we slowly fell in love but we aren't together because of his ex and we see each other every day. A while ago he was textin my best friend and I and saying the same things at times and similar things at others and he...

How to prove your love? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend tell each other we love yous every day about 50 times a day. But at the end we always say I love you more or something like that, and tells me to prove it and I don't know how. What do I do to prove to him that I love him? I mean we write notes and sweet things like that to...

How do I prove to him I'm only w/him and that I DO love him [ 10 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for in all 14years. We've lived together in a studio for the last 3yrs. It seems like every time I turn around we argue. We never argued. People would see us on the street and try to understand our relationship thinking we're just friends but we were so happy in love...

How Can I Prove I Love Him [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I know I am only 16 but me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 6 months and I KNOW ITS LOVE! Its just we have been having a lot of difficulties. I kind of lied to him 2 time but they were over very little things and now he doesn't think I love him. And that I don't care for him. We...

I Love Him. But How Can I Prove It? [ 7 Answers ]

OK I Love My Boyfriend To Pieces! And He Loves Me.. But My ex has said to me that he wants me back (by text) and my boyfriend saw my text and he thinks that I don't love him and that he is going to loose me! But I don't want anything to do with my ex! I have told my boyfriend this 100 times and he...

View more questions Search