Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james manry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 03:08 PM
    Corporation changes its name but not its field
    I am trying to collect on a corporation that keeps changing the name but still works in the same industry
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Is the corporate formation still the same - if the corporation has been dissolved you cannot collect.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2013, 03:18 PM
    What have you done to collect?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 11:03 AM
    It's customary to ask a question. I assume yours is something like "what can I do?"

Check the corporation registration office of your state. In most places, when corporations change their names, they are required to file a document with that office. Those records are often available on-line. You should be able to find proof of such change, and that the two names are for the identical corporation.

Thus, for example, if you did business with a corporation called "Acme Widget Company, Inc.", and 6 months ago it changed its name to "Acme Widget and Thingamabob Company, Incorporated", you should have no problem collecting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To opt for the field which I have exp or to the field which is my actual background [ 0 Answers ]

I am a electronic engineer.Now I am pursuing my MBA in marketing(distance).I had 2 years of exp in telecommunication infrastructure(electrical) as site engg(electrical) with gross salary of 12k/month.Now I have recently changed to Business Development Executive in electronic sales of 10k/month, 3...

To opt for the field which I have exp or to the field which is my actual background [ 0 Answers ]

I am a electronic engineer.Now I am pursuing my MBA in marketing.I had 2 years of exp in telecommunication infrastructure(electrical) as site engg(electrical) with gross salary of 12k/month.Now I have recently changed to Business Development Executive in electronic sales of 10k/month, 3 months back...

I am a electronic engineer.Now I am pursuing my MBA in marketing.I had 2 years of exp in telecommunication infrastructure(electrical) as site engg(electrical) with gross salary of 12k/month.Now I have recently changed to Business Development Executive in electronic sales of 10k/month, 3 months back...

Moon Corporation and Star Corporation are in the same line of business and both were [ 2 Answers ]

Moon Corporation and Star Corporation are in the same line of business and both were recently organized, so it may be assumed that the recorded costs for assets are close to current market values. The balance sheets for the two companies are as follows at July 31, 2009: MOON CORPORATION Balance...

Can I change my career into IT field, I've DCT quali, but 10 yrs exp in other field. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm into logistics field for 9 yrs. I hv passed 3yrs diploma in computer technology. Now I aspire to change my career into IT field. Can I? If so what course I should persume?

View more questions Search