Ask
    Heather Clarke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 02:39 PM
    Thermal fuse location on Kenmore Elite Dryer
    Kenmoore Elite Dryer Smartheart HE. Quest AK9
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2013, 07:43 AM
    When the fuse blows you need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. You just unplug the wires from the sensors and remove ductwork that they are attached on and clean the entire thing with soap and water. Make sure you go all through the dryer and get all parts like the blower fan and housing, vacuum out motor well and clean exhaust. Mark all wires you unplug so you know where they go. This is an easier job than you would think. Make sure to clean around all of the sensors, too, because when they cannot sense the dryer will not work, plus the burning lint deposits will burn down your house. See: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires - YouTube and: Cleaning out a dryer with top lint cleanout - YouTube
    Cleaning out a dryer: By a woman 2 of 2 - YouTube
    Kenmore Manuals: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Manuals.zip
    Note: Dryers are designed so you have to totally tear it down to replace the thermal fuse in hopes that you will know to clean it out before changing the fuse. Make sure to test the fuse with an ohm meter, first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a thermal fuse for a Kenmore dryer Model 86273100 62731? [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced the heating element in my Kenmore dryer and it still does not heat. Should I try the thermal fuse next or the thermostat and about how much does each cost? The Model/stock # is 86273100 62731

Elite Dryer / Thermal Fuse Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

My kenmore ELITE DRYER has stopped working. Will trouble shoot by replacing THERMAL FUSE. The back PANEL does not seem removable. Is it to be taken off? I have the PANEL and lid loosened, but cannot seem To oen the back. Please advise.

Where do I find the thermal fuse on a Kenmore HE3 electric dryer? [ 3 Answers ]

Dryer worked this morning. This afternoon I opened the dryer door to start a new load, interior light illuminated closed door, chose setting, press start, but nothing happens. Does this sound like a thermal fuse needs to be changed and if so, where is it located?

Kenmore elite dryer I replaced the fuse from the check lint light was flashing, it wr [ 0 Answers ]

Check lint light flashing on kenmore elite dryer, I replaced fuse, worked for 1 load and is flashing again, will not run

View more questions Search