Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobcyahoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2013, 12:27 PM
    My blower will run with thermostat set on Fan but will not run on Automatic.
    My blower will run with thermostat set on "Fan" but will not run on Automatic. At start up the motor does nothing until I rotate the blades a little to get it started.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2013, 12:38 PM
    Replace start capacitor, do you have to start it on the fan on position and ac on both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced Thermostat and now Blower Motor will not run [ 0 Answers ]

Greetings, I replaced an original rheem 41-20804-15 thermostat for our rheem heat pump. With a Honeywell RTHL3550D, the cooling worked fine. When I tried the heater, the blower ran for 2 minutes then shut off. I put the original thermostat back and now the blower still does not come on. The...

Heat pump fan will run on manual but won't run on automatic [ 0 Answers ]

The fan that puts the air in the house won't run at all on auto. But you can put it on manual or on and it will run. Service man said when he checked it out he couldn't find anything wrong. He suggested we get the power company to check the transformer on the pole but all of that checked out as...

Heat pump: fan does not run with fan set to 'on' position [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump system and a programmable thermostat. The system runs fine, in heat or cool mode, with the fan set to 'auto'. It will not run (no fan) in heat or cool mode with the fan setting set to 'on'.

Fan won't run on automatic. [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a Trane mercury operated 4 wire thermometer (no heat pump) with A Hunter Electronic Digital Thermostat Model 42999. Everything works except the Blower will run on manual but not on automatic. The new thermometer has R, W, Y, and G terminals. The RH and RC terminals are jumped.

View more questions Search