Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Getting rid of love bites / bruises
    Help!

I have a big ugly love bite on my neck and I don't know the best way to get rid of it. It looks so cheap and nasty and makes me look like a slut and I usually avoid getting them but I didn't notice it until after it was too late.

I need it gone in 5 days for a party! Its really big and red and swollen.

Any advice appriciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I hope you have learned a lesson ! Do you mean a 'hicky' or something more like a bite ? I don't know how you could have allowed that kind of abuse and hope you are not seeing this person any longer. Years ago we used make up to lessen the appearance of hickies, but I don't think you are going to get rid of it in five days!
    jkramer Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Microwave a small amount of butter and put it on a paper towel and hold it up against the mark... also do the same with a small dab of toothpaste... it worked for me lol
    willywonka22002 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 02:25 PM
    I second that jkramer... ice etc rub the mark gently to keep the blood moving to heal it well that is what I have been told. 5days you should be okay depending on how severe the mark and how quick your body heals itself, otherwise scarfs maybe... trust me it can not be as bad as when I was drunk one girl managed to cover my whole neck with love bites unbelievable I also didn't realise
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
    A love bite or a hicky is a bruise, plain and simple just like a bruise you get on your arm or leg when you bump it. Same thing just a different way to get it.

It will have to heal naturally, and will doubtfully be gone in 5 days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Ahhhh the wonderful signs of love. Takes me back when I was 16.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 1, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Eat lots of bananas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of love handles [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I just want to ask if u know of a certain exercise that could help get rid of my love handles in the hips. Thank you.

Stepdad left bruises on my son's face [ 18 Answers ]

Just a few days ago my ex called and told me that her husband had slammed my son into the his bed and forced the side of his head onto the mattress, leaving a bruise on my son's face. My ex was not home at the time when this happened. When I confronted the stepdad, I wanted to kill him, however I...

Bruises on legs after illness [ 1 Answers ]

I am just getting over a terrible about with the flu. I had fever for most of the last week and have spent most of my time asleep in bed or on the sofa. I have hardly had any activity as even walking across my house leaves me tired and out of breath. My issue is that my legs have been...

Doxie Puppy Gives Love Bites [ 3 Answers ]

My 8-month-old Doxie puppy bites my hand, tummy, clothes or whatever part of me he can. When he's outside, he chews everything except his chew toys! :) I know I need to stop this, but he is overly submissive so I don't want to yell or scare him. So far, I've said, "Hey!" but he doesn't quit for...

View more questions Search