Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2013, 05:37 AM
    DeHumidifier...
    We've just picked up a Used Dehumidifier manufactured in 2007.. From the Sticker behind the Reservoir it's a Simplicity Brand done up for Canadian Tire, one dial twist knob style... Had the dial set at say 50% for 12 hours, Nothing... Have just increased to say 75% to give that I try... Of all the rooms in the Basement this is where we feel the most Dampness... btw We have a Finished Basement ( Rec Room / Laundry, Furnace Room, Bedroom, Large Closet with Sump Pump in corner ) The Dehumidifier is located in the Bedroom and away from the s/p too
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Could be unit is not big enough for area, or could be out of freon, or compressor could not be running.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 09:35 AM
    It is removing water? If so, trying to remove that much water from the air in a normally humid environment may be too much for the unit. The Samsung I have removes about 3 gallons per day and the humidity level in the basement never goes below about 65% in the summer. Right now the outside ambient is 80 degrees and 60% humidity -Atlanta
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    It is removing water? If so, trying to remove that much water from the air in a normally humid environment may be too much for the unit. The Samsung I have removes about 3 gallons per day and the humidity level in the basement never goes below about 65% in the summer. Right now the outside ambient is 80 degrees and 60% humidity -Atlanta

Right now, 1:00pm Saturday afternoon Eastern Ontario... The Basement Temp shows 74'F with the Humidity needle on abou the same...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
    Right now, 1:00pm Saturday afternoon Eastern Ontario...The Basement Temp shows 74'F with the Humidity needle on abou the same....
    BUT, is it removing water? If it isn't removing water, it serves no purpose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

DeHumidifier [ 2 Answers ]

How Long should a Portable Dehumidifier last? Yes I could put this question the Manufacturer but I'm sure they wouldn't want to answer that... It's a Whirlpool make , paid in the neighborhood of $250. For it 3 yrs ago... We had it running in the Basement from about the middle of May till about the...

Why would my dehumidifier freeze? [ 5 Answers ]

Did anyone ever have a dehumidifier that freezes up? The filters are clean, it seems to run fine but then Ice forms over the filters. It's only 2 or 3 years old.

Dehumidifier drainage [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a dehumidifier in my basement. I want the hose( typical garden hose) to drain directly out so that I don't have to empty the tank all the time. The nearest drain line is a 4" PVC pipe. What do I need to tap into this pipe and install the hose into my drainage system? By the way,...

Dehumidifier not working [ 1 Answers ]

My dehumidifier has stopped removing moister. I have a hygrometer and know that my humidex is around 75%, so it should be working. It sounds like it's running fine, just not removing water. Thanks for any help.

Closet dehumidifier [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ground floor apartment in a high ranch house. The garage was converted in to our bedroom, with a closet along the garage door (which still exists). We have a problem with moisture in the bedroom, particularly in the closet, resulting in a musty smell and mildew that favors books,...

View more questions Search