Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christy516 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2013, 09:42 PM
    I received a text from my husband he said he didn't send
    Has anyone ever received a text from someone that said they didn't send? My husband and I were texting and in the thread I received a text that he swears he never sent. The text looked like it was to another woman. Sprint says the text originated from his phone. I really want to believe him but it's hard with so much evidence against. The only evidence that he didn't send it is that the text alluded to plans at a time that we already had plans with our daughter. And he has never been a liar. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 09:47 PM
    It does sound kind of like he's lying to you. How would a text come in to you from someone else, with your husbands information attached to it? Doesn't that seem a little far-fetched?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
    Not I, but I see references to similar stories all over this site and elsewhere.
    And think about it - He'd have a conversation going with someone else at the same time? And why would he? He'd tell one of you 'later, I'm busy now.'

Jul 27, 2013, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It does sound kind of like he's lying to you. How would a text come in to you from someone else, with your husbands information attached to it? Doesn't that seem a little far-fetched?
    Yes it does. And sprint says it did come from his phone. I just want to make sure nothing like this has happened to anyone else before I rip apart my 15 year marriage. :(

Jul 27, 2013, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Not I, but I see references to similar stories all over this site and elsewhere.
    And think about it - He'd have a conversation going with someone else at the same time? And why would he? He'd tell one of you 'later, I'm busy now.'
    I talk to more than one person at a time so I'm not sure that's valid.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 09:57 PM
    You would think so, wouldn't you? I worked with someone that didn't think he needed to say "later" and did this same thing. Some people are just more stupid than you would believe.

To the OP... I'm not sure I would just "rip apart" a 15 year marriage... try talking it out and see what happens. I mean, I don't know what he said and all but talking should probably be the first step.

Jul 27, 2013, 10:00 PM
    You would think so, wouldn't you? I worked with someone that didn't think he needed to say "later" and did this same thing. Some people are just more stupid than you would believe.

To the OP....I'm not sure I would just "rip apart" a 15 year marriage....try talking it out and see what happens. I mean, I don't know what he said and all but talking should probably be the first step.
    Text said "hi beautiful. Had a great time and can't wait to see you again. Did we say 6 tomorrow?" And we did talk and he adamantly denies sending it. I really want to believe him bit seems foolish to.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 10:03 PM
    And you say you had something planned at that time with him and your daughter? I don't know... it does seem a little weird. Do you have reason to be suspicious otherwise? Is he giving you other signals that he might be cheating?

Jul 27, 2013, 10:08 PM
    And you say you had something planned at that time with him and your daughter? I don't know....it does seem a little weird. Do you have reason to be suspicious otherwise? Is he giving you other signals that he might be cheating?
    Unfortunately yes. Things have been a bit rocky. But.like I said earlier, he has never been a liar and we had plans for that time for our daughter's birthday. Makes no sense at all. Especially to receive a text like that! I mean it could have said anything, great meatlaof, or I can't work today. But no, it looks like it's to a woman. That just seems too crazy of a coincidence. And the phone company says it's impossible for a text to get "mixed up". That's why I wondered if anyone had ever heard of such a thing.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 10:13 PM
    As Joy said, there have been other posts on here about such things but they mostly seem to be similar situations to yours... where someone looks suspicious and claims they didn't send it. I don't know how it's possible and like you said, the phone company said it doesn't happen. Then to add that there are already things going on that make you think it's possible he is cheating... well...

I'm sorry. This isn't a good situation no matter how you look at it. I hope everything works out for you.

Jul 27, 2013, 10:17 PM
    As Joy said, there have been other posts on here about such things but they mostly seem to be similar situations to yours....where someone looks suspicious and claims they didn't send it. I don't know how it's possible and like you said, the phone company said it doesn't happen. Then to add that there are already things going on that make you think it's possible he is cheating....well....

I'm sorry. This isn't a good situation no matter how you look at it. I hope everything works out for you.
    Thank you
    current pert

Jul 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
    PLEASE, the net is full of stories about such texts. And the carrier will always deny it. But it does happen, because a lot of them aren't ones likely to be someone cheating or doing anything suspicious. If you don't want to believe me, don't, but if you Google words like 'text I didn't send' blah blah you will see what I mean. It is possible that some are transmissions that cross air space and some are spoofed, meaning someone used either his number or yours. You do realize that the air waves are not the least bit protected, don't you?

It always boggles my mind that people think a rep from a company has any idea what they are talking about. They are low paid jobs and they are trained to say whatever they can think of to get you off the phone, because they have to handle 200 calls a day.

Jul 27, 2013, 10:29 PM
    PLEASE, the net is full of stories about such texts. And the carrier will always deny it. But it does happen, because a lot of them aren't ones likely to be iisomeone cheating or doing anything suspicious. If you don't want to believe me, don't, but if you google words like 'text I didn't send' blah blah you will see what I mean. It is possible that some are transmissions that cross air space and some are spoofed, meaning someone used either his number or yours. You do realize that the air waves are not the least bit protected, don't you?
    Well that is what I am asking about. Someone who knows that this could happen. I did Google it and it is all stories similar to mine. Phone company denies it's possible but they may not want to admit it. Very bad timing to receive this type of text
    current pert

Jul 27, 2013, 10:39 PM
    I don't know if your husband is seeing some woman or not. All I'm saying is that it's very possible that he didn't send that text. Somehow you have to separate the two.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 28, 2013, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by christy516 View Post
    Well that is what i am asking about. Someone who knows that this could happen. I did google it and it is all stories similar to mine. Phone company denies it's possible but they may not want to admit it. Very bad timing to receive this type of text
    Of course the phone company would deny it. Do you really think they would tell you the percentage of mix ups they have on a daily basis? If they had told you you would have canceled right away. Also you can get copies of the texts sent on his phone and look at everything to get the big picture. If something is going on that is where you will see it.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2013, 03:11 PM
    If I were receiving and replying multiple texts to two different people at about the same time, I would have a high likelihood of sending the wrong message to one of them.
    His cell phone billing record should tell the tale. If no other numbers were called during that time frame, it would support his claim. If there are other numbers recorded at that time, is he willing to let you call the numbers from that time and date, from his cell phone, as recorded on the billing statement?
    I am assuming here that your cell bill shows the same kind of detail that mine does, but that may not be the case.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 03:32 PM
    Stop and think of anything and everything that doesn't add up, unaccounted time, being secretive on the phone, not mentioning things to you, IF he is being unfaithful, you need to start looking for patterns and adding them all up before jumping to conclusions. Don't confront him with anything cause he will just get sneakier. Like with the party, had you confronted him before the party? Then he may have got in touch with 'other woman' to let her know he 'got busted' for that time. If you over hear a plan or happen to catch a glance of a text notice if he disappears at the planned time. Short of becoming a spy, just become more aware of things and wait until they all add up and you have enough evidence before you say another word that could needlessly wreck your marriage.

Aug 12, 2013, 04:06 PM
    Just an update. The message came from him, it was meant for his girlfriend. It is impossible for texts to get "mixed up" and go to a random phone. Thanks for everyone's time and input.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by christy516 View Post
    Just an update. The message came from him, it was meant for his girlfriend. It is impossible for texts to get "mixed up" and go to a random phone. Thanks for everyone's time and input.
    Thank you for coming back and letting us know. Im sorry for your situation.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Maybe not impossible but highly unlikely. Your feedback is very worthwhile and is appreciated. Best wishes to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did he send a text message? [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I received a random text message that just said, "Ok"... I'm wondering if the message could be from a guy. Who recently told me he liked me a lot. I responded with an... Ok, great news. Nice to know! I was put on the spot with a lot a people around. The text came from the area were he...

Didn't send [ 0 Answers ]

My friend received a message to his phone number which was sent under my name to his phone,but I didn't send it and it wasn't even in my last sent messages.

How can I make her send text in a first chatting? [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose this is my 1st chatting with her. She is responding only when I'm knocking her in a formal way. But not asking anything about me or continuing any topics. So, my question how I can make her casual in chatting?

She didn't text back [ 3 Answers ]

I met a girl one day, then the next day I texted her during the day and I said wassp? She textd back 20 minutes later saying sorry in class. So I said my bad. THen a few hours later I textd her saying, sorry to text you while you were in class, how was you day. I get no response. How long should I...

View more questions Search