Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R31211 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2013, 04:41 AM
    Dream significance!?
    I can not explain how terrified and worried I get when I have nightmares. Even though some of you guys might say, "it was only a dream" I still think the worst is going to happen and dreaming about it is a way of warning me at times.
    A couple weeks ago, I would say, I had a nightmare that was similar to the one I had 20 minutes ago. It was about me and some friends walking around my street (different houses surrounding us) and all of the sudden a guy pulls over and we noticed. Although they were in a state of shock, I was the one who ran away and cried for help all the way home. When I did get home, the person who was at my house could not believe me so that person (sorry I can't remember the gender) went to go help, meanwhile I was with my little sister (she didn't look like the one from my nightmare though, I at least think so) hiding next to a coach that for some reason was able to hide us. I could tell she wanted to cry so I told her to be quiet because we would get in trouble if we speaked. Now I don't remember the rest, but I do remember that all of the sudden my dream changed that still involved feeling scared but I unfortunately can't remember. The dream I had today though worried me a lot more because this time my little sister was trying to get kidnapped. It all started when my boyfriend broke up with me. He was at a building where it looked almost like a gym, I believe, but from the outside it looked simple. It was where he would do things for x country (he actually LOVES running) and anyway, I saw people and people coming in (even his brother by the way, he just didn't look like him) that I kind of lost him and it wasn't until later on when I found him. When I found him, he basically told me that he felt like I didn't try enough, and that I talk to too many guys. He later on posted on a website something about me. I was able to read what it said in my message but not remember what it said. (But I'm seriously the one who feels this waay! Like he doesn't try as much as I do, and about girls, well not really.) Anyway, then when I got home and was at home (same house as real life, just not the inside part) ; I heard my dad say, "I'll be back, I'm going to go pick Sergio's brother." And because I knew he had work the next day, in the morning, and there was a possibility that I might see my ex, I said, "dad, I can drive, jk.. But I will." It took me a while to convince him. (Ps. I actually have driven before but my parents don't know and in my dream, they still didn't). As I was saying, when he let me my little sister was next to me so my mom asked me if I was going to take her with. I didn't plan to but I was like sure. When we went outside I could see a lady walking and as my little sister and I were walking to the car she literally started making it obvious that she was going to do something harmful. So I started screaming before she had even came and tried taking my little sister. I wasn't loud enough so I had to yell louder and when I did I got my parents to come outside and I somehow noticed that she died someway, which I forgot what it was. I'm guessing I'm just asking why I keep dreaming about this. I truly do feel that it might be because of the way I'm feeling, but having anxiety makes it so much worse. It makes me think like it'd actually happen and I, for 1, like my boyfriend so much, love my sister so much, and I just don't want to lose them.. Or me. I don't want to die. But I don't know, I sometimes feel like my death is closer than what I think and I'm only 15. :( ps. If you read this far, thank you so much in advance. Seriously. :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2013, 05:12 AM
    Nightmares are usually symbolic. Different people can represent different aspects of yourself. Different dangers represent your fears. I'll get back to this when I get home

Jul 27, 2013, 05:21 AM
    Sounds good, thank you very much.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Running can mean you feel you are running out of time
    Chasing can mean you feel anxiety
    Kidnap means feel trapped and helpless. You need to relieve stress in your life
    Hiding can mean you need to come clean about something
    Yelling, represents repressed anger
    Not being heard means you feel you do not matter
    Death can mean transformation, change, new beginnings
    Driving means you want to have some control
    So basically you are feeling anxiety and repressed feelings over people making you feel that you don't matter.

Jul 28, 2013, 11:12 PM
    Oh, thank you for the help :)
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 12:55 AM
    I think NOhelp was a lot of help. Good job.

I would only add that dreams are still not really understood and we tend at times to give them more significance than they warrant.

I wouldn't worry about them too much, they're just dreams.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 03:55 AM
    Dreams have solved a lot of problems for me. If I has taken them for granted my Iife would be in a big mess.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    N0help4u Dreams have solved a lot of problems for me. If I has taken them for granted my Iife would be in a big mess.
    I have some experience with dreams solving problems but I took her explanation of her dreams as being more like premonitions. I have not heard of hardly any being confirmed or documented and that is why I suggest not to put much faith in them.
    But your point is valid and well taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I dream of my brother dying in my car and I cannot cry for him in my dream [ 3 Answers ]

I dream of my brother dying in a crash in my car, but there is nothing I can do to help him, he was in the passanger side, but I did not see the driver, I see blood coming out of his mouth and ears, I try to cry for him in my dream but cant

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

View more questions Search