Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naya411 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2013, 08:00 AM
    6th grade love and more
    So my sister told me in middle school you play spin the bottle,and I know I'm to young , but there's this girl going to 6th like me and she has been dating this guy since 3rd grade, and it's no joke their always making out, and she'll probably end up having sex in 7th or 8th with a different guy so if you want to say you're to young then say it to that. Anyway so I've always wanted to play spin the bottle, in fact if I'm lucky, I'll to kiss my crush or that cutie I saw.But I seem to have a problem I don't know how to kiss, do you slant your head, do you close your eyes? I need help,and one thing I'm going to try to get a boyfriend I think I'm ready. HELP:(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2013, 08:03 AM
    You aren't ready in the 6th grade... and trust me when I say that one you know that's been doing that other stuff...

Ever see a movie where you have someone living in an old trailer that's falling apart with a couch on the front porch... and junk cars in the front yard...

They will be those people.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 26, 2013, 10:10 AM
    Naya,

First, you are 12, you haven't experienced all that many of us have experienced in our much longer lifetimes.

Second, we do understand that children nowadays think they are more grown up then when some of us were that age. The problem is that its not real. Children are trying to rush into emulating adult behavior that they are not ready for. It doesn't matter that a lot of the children in your circle act that way. While it may be true it doesn't make it right. For a girl to be with one guy since 3rd grade means she doesn't know what other guys are like. So she has no clue what their relationship really means. That's why the teen age years should be for getting to know different people. When you are an older teen it time enough to start thinking about commitment.

You responded to a year old thread telling me I was wrong about something. The post was removed because it was an old thread, but I was not wrong, just because you think it is different in your school doesn't make me wrong or the situation right.

The reality is that the media has glorified adult behavior and make it appear that its cute when younger people try to emulate such behaviors. But most of the time such children are not emotionally ready for such behaviors and get hurt when they backfire.

Don't try to grow up too fast. Enjoy being a child for as long as you can.

Finally, why did you create a second account? Doing so can be against our rules.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 01:22 PM
    In 6th grade, you should be worried about your school work, rather than dating. First of all, your friend has been dating someone since 3rd grade? Really? Do their parents allow it? Would your parents allow you to attend a party with spin the bottle games going on? I doubt it!

Jul 27, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    In 6th grade, you should be worried about your school work, rather than dating. First of all, your friend has been dating someone since 3rd grade? Really? Do their parents allow it? Would your parents allow you to attend a party with spin the bottle games going on? I doubt it!
    She's not my friend, and yes I'm pretty sure they allow it

Jul 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Naya,

First, you are 12, you haven't experienced all that many of us have experienced in our much longer lifetimes.

Second, we do understand that children nowadays think they are more grown up then when some of us were that age. The problem is that its not real. Children are trying to rush into emulating adult behavior that they are not ready for. It doesn't matter that a lot of the children in your circle act that way. While it may be true it doesn't make it right. For a girl to be with one guy since 3rd grade means she doesn't know what other guys are like. So she has no clue what their relationship really means. That's why the teen age years should be for getting to know different people. When you are an older teen it time enough to start thinking about commitment.

You responded to a year old thread telling me I was wrong about something. The post was removed because it was an old thread, but I was not wrong, just because you think it is different in your school doesn't make me wrong or the situation right.

The reality is that the media has glorified adult behavior and make it appear that its cute when younger people try to emulate such behaviors. But most of the time such children are not emotionally ready for such behaviors and get hurt when they backfire.

Don't try to grow up too fast. Enjoy being a child for as long as you can.

Finally, why did you create a second account? Doing so can be against our rules.
    I didn't
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2013, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Naya411 View Post
    She's not my friend, and yes I'm pretty sure they allow it
    Why don't I believe that?. unless they are what we fondly like to call trailer trash. And not even most of them would allow that.

I bet she's been lying to you and you bought it hook line and sinker.

Because any parent that allowed that to happen could have and should have their children taken off them and put into foster homes by the CPS.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Naya411 View Post
    I didn't
    Who is "nanyananya"?
    6thgradegirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Well, I wouldn't be supprised if her parents let her date. She probably like the guy if she's been with him for three years. And really, maybe got to some parties, don't play spin the bottle the first few times, but later on. That should show you the odds of you getting what you want, and how you should react when you do or don't. It will get you ready.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2013, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thgradegirl View Post
    Well, I wouldn't be supprised if her parents let her date. She probably like the guy if shes been with him for three years. And really, maybe got to some parties, don't play spin the bottle the first few times, but later on. That should show you the odds of you getting what you want, and how you should react when you do or don't. It will get you ready.
    I would be VERY surprised if her parents let her date. No responsible parent would do so.

And where did you read she's been with anyone for 3 years?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

6th grade love help [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this girl in my 5th period. She's only in that period. I catch her staring at me sometimes. I don't know if she likes me but I want to ask her out. Don't say "grow a set and ask her out". I told my friends but they laughed because I have red hair and she has brown. Nobody else in my...

How to get like any girl in 6th Grade [ 15 Answers ]

Like I feel left out cause all my friends have a GF and make fun of me

6th grade love help!! [ 6 Answers ]

Well this is my first post. Here I go... Ok so I like this girl in 6th grade which is elementary school, and I cannot tell if she likes me! Here's what she does. Sometimes I catch her staring at me, and she acts super nice to me. Derp! Ok, I know she likes me and vice versa, but I don't think...

View more questions Search