Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 02:34 AM
    The 217 Representatives Who Voted To Keep NSA Spying On All Your Data
    The 217 Representatives Who Voted To Keep NSA Spying On All Your Data | Techdirt

Contact your relevant representatives.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 03:37 AM
    I think it is great that you can identify those who voted with such accuracy. Seriously I think you should refer your complaints to the man in charge make him feel your rage
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 05:34 AM
    Big government will never trim big government down to size on it's own . As expected ,my lefty reps in NY voted against it .
    I wish Congress would vote to defund many other unconstitutional provisions in our laws.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 05:35 AM
    What the government refer themselves to the Supreme Court?
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 06:50 AM
    big government will never trim big government down to size on it's own
    Totally agree, but what's the solution? Are you forever stuck with a bloated government who's main goal is to take care of itself and of its corporate and special interest contributors? That's the big challenge ahead.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 07:16 AM
    The founders gave us a remedy if we are bold enough to use it.
    It can be found in Article 5 of the Constitution :
    The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 07:19 AM
    But they'll never use it since it takes away their gravy train. To me this is what the citizens should be working to change.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 07:47 AM
    That's why it needs to come from the states.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 07:53 AM
    That will never happen either since it's a feeder system of sorts for juicy fed spots. There is absolutely no incentive for them to do that.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 09:56 AM
    Meanwhile construction continues on 2 massive NSA facilities that are going to cost us combined $2 billion. This must be the infrastructure spending the emperor was talking about .
    The combined structures will eventually be renamed "The Barack Hussein Obama Presidential Library ".
    The NSA's New Spy Facilities are 7 Times Bigger Than the Pentagon - Defense One
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
    The combined structures will eventually be renamed "The Barack Hussein Obama Presidential Library ".
    Why, when more Repubs voted to keep it going than Dems.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Check out some of the Dems who voted against the bill .Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz ,all Dem leaders in the House ;and all extremely critical of the Patriot Act.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 10:18 AM
    The Patriot Act is the reason why we do not use any SaaS from companies that have servers in the US.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 11:47 AM
    Republican: NSA mass spying 'precisely the way our government ought to operate' | The Raw Story

Representative Mike Pompeo (R-KS) on Wednesday defended the National Security Agency's domestic surveillance program, saying it complied with U.S. law... "This is precisely the way our government ought to operate: with input from Article I and Article 2 and Article III of the United States Constitution."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2013, 12:00 PM
    The chief justice of SCOTUS appoints the judges in the FISA court, so write him your objection. Let me know how that works out for you! The congress can make changes, but holding your breathe isn't a great idea.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 12:02 PM
    The fact that everything they are doing has been legalized is troubling indeed.
    Expert

Jul 25, 2013, 12:14 PM
    That's what the "Civil War" we are having is about NK, what's legal, and what ain't, and who decides. The tech boom has us all scrambling, so much potential, so many problems.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That's what the "Civil War" we are having is about NK, what's legal, and what ain't, and who decides. The tech boom has us all scrambling, so much potential, so many problems.
    My father (a Truman Democrat) started telling me years ago that it was time for a constitutional convention .I was a skeptic ,but no longer . The only way to save the constitution is to hold a constitutional convention under the guidelines in article 5 .Let amendments be proposed ,debated ,and passed or failed in state legislatures or state conventions.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the founders gave us a remedy if we are bold enough to use it.
    it can be found in Article 5 of the Constitution :
    The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress
    Tom I see your remedy but the bar is impossibly high Basically it means everyone is agreed beforehand what needs to be done. First you have to have agreement that change is necessary just to get to the point of discussing the change and in a polarised electorate like you have now getting those majorities is very, very difficult.

In my own nation we have similar provisions and we have a government that is reluctant to put even simple proposals to the people lest the changes fail to attract the necessary majorities. The last time they tried which was on the question of becoming a republic they failed
    Expert

Jul 25, 2013, 06:41 PM
    States rights are great until the state party's play hanky panky with the rights of its citizens under federal law. One interesting case is discriminating against gay marriages that are legal in states and not recognized by others.

If you recognize straight marriage from other states, you should recognize gay marriage from other states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resume at 217 pounds? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I start my work out and cardio exercise when I have already gained 217 pounds in my beer-full summer vacation? I think I fall into the OBESE category for my 5' 8" height and wake up ashamed of it everyday. Please suggest every possible thing.

How do I get over my nsa/casual sex encounter? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi Just feeling like a total fool and it's entirely my own fault lol. I met a guy online and entered into nsa situation with him. I honestly thought I could handle it as my circumstances make it hard to meet people and get a relationship going anyway but I miss sex so I thought this would be...

John Deere 217 lawn tractor won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing the lawn when my John Deere 217 lawn tractor just quit. I tried starting it and it does turn over but it won't start. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong. Thanks

Anyone have any experience replacing NSA filters? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently replaced an NSA filter for my whole house. It is located in the basement right near the incoming water supply. This would be the smaller filter which is in front of a large canister type filter on the main line. I have done this 3 times a year for 7 years (9 year old house) and...

Where would NSA relationship take a lady? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my friends, I've recently been very confused about whether to have a NSA relationship or not. Hope I can get some advice here from your guys or gals... Read my story first please. When I met this guy, I just came out of a 12 years relationship and Moved to Canada from an asian...

View more questions Search