Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unfairnycourts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 03:54 AM
    What help is out there for a person being released from NY county jail
    My boyfriend is being released from a county jail in NY and we were wondering what services if any were offered to help he reenter society.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 24, 2013, 04:00 AM
    How long has he been in? These days, most prisons start arranging fundamentals like housing and food stamps before prisoners are released. But why is this under Grants (there are none), and why are you expecting 'help,' and what was unfair about his sentence, if your ID is an indication of how you feel?

I'm sympathetic about pot - that's about it for me anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 11:34 AM
    There are no grants, in fact being in prison, and esp convicted of some crimes make you not able to get some.

There are student loans and pell grants for education.

Most help will be though local non profit groups, not state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights in county jail [ 3 Answers ]

My grand daughter has been put in the hole because another inmate told her to mop the floor and she refused, they had words, the other girl cryed to her mom. Her mom called the sheriff, it has been 4 days and she haaaas not been out, she is about to have breakdown ,what can be done, its asmall town

In lake county Ohio how long can they hold a person in jail if they have not indicted [ 1 Answers ]

After waiving your rights to a speedy trial. How long can lake county Ohio court system hold you without indicting you. In other words what are the statueof limitations.

Didn't get charged at the scene got released from jail now there saying I have to com [ 2 Answers ]

I got stopped on traffic speeding took me to jail got released and now got a phone call saying a pen was tested for meth and I have to come to court question is will I go to jail

Marrying someone in a county jail [ 1 Answers ]

There are reasons that it has to be before the person gets out. I just want to know how to accomplish this?

Marrying someone who's in a county jail [ 1 Answers ]

How would someone go about marrying someone who's in a county jail? What procedures do you have to go through and how do you find someone to do the marrying?

View more questions Search