Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louwie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 12:53 AM
    Air conditioner 12000 BTU
    I bought a split unit air conditioner 12000 BTU. The one with the quick connectors. I did not suck vacuum on it and did not do it with the other two that I bought know this one is not working it push gas through to the evaporator and start making cold for about 1minit then the evaporator gets hot again(not real hot but ambient temperature).
    The manufacture sent out a technician to come and have a look at it and he said that it is because I did not suck vacuum and now there are nitrogen in and this damage the compressor and the evaporator.
    Is this possible, it is R410 gas.
    He replaced the complete outdoor unit and it is still doing the same.
    When he unscrew the quick connectors to put on the new outdoor unit the liquid gas came out completely black, his answer on this is nitrogen in the gas.
    I know it is a mouth full but I pleas need answers, I cannot see why two others is running without problems and this one is not working.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2013, 01:56 AM
    Is this a mini split wall unit?

Jul 24, 2013, 04:32 AM
    Yes this is the mini split wall unit (MSR3-12HRN1-QE)
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Well there is no nitrogen in the system inless you put it there so that can't be a issue. Not pulling a vac is not good but should not cause the problem you are having. Did you see this black freon?

Jul 24, 2013, 10:18 PM
    Yes when he open the hi pressure side there was sum black liquid coming out not much, I will say it might be dirty pips or sum led with the soldering.
    If I look at this situation I think that the expansion valve is blocked or faulty, because with the new outdoor unit (compressor)he put on we go the same the evaporator get cold for +- 1 minute and then back to ambient temperature, if you switch it over to heating the same happened it heat for +- 1 minute and then switch back to ambient temperature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many BTU is my fedders air conditioner [ 0 Answers ]

Model number A7T12F2A

My air conditioner has how many BTU's ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old Hampton Bay air conditioner. Model # HBQ051A, FL435765 1559. I don't know how many BTU's. Can you answer this?

Wiring on mini split air conditioner 1 1/2 ton - 18,000 BTU [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a ComfortStar CSC1018CD mini split air conditioner. I'm installing it, and instruction manual does not specify wiring instructions. I ended up with 9 wires, and only 3 places to connect them. Any suggestions? Unit is a 1 1/2 tons, 18,000 BTU. Thanks!

Celiera Portable AC 12000 BTU does not work [ 5 Answers ]

I plugged it and turned it on. I checked all trouleshooting ideas.. It does not stay on for a while. IT turns off. ANd then it turns on a few minutes later. The thing is, no cold air is blowing out. Not even the fan. I can hear it humming.. but no air is coming out. I put it on swing, the...

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

View more questions Search