Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbelgum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 04:43 PM
    Netgear Router
    How do I set up a password on my Netgear router? I no longer have the manual and it model # is WGR614.
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

Jul 23, 2013, 05:20 PM
    Type "WGR614 manual" into Google. The first link is the manual. Let me know if the manual doesn't contain your answer.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 07:09 PM
    Netgear passwords are printed on a small label on the side of the router,if you did not remove the label already. I don't believe you can change the password if you forget the stock one that came with it. Try this Default Password for NETGEAR Devices
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Jul 24, 2013, 10:58 AM
    Plug your PC directly in to the router, and set your PC to obtain IP automatically. Once it has established a connection to your router, open a command prompt and type in ipconfig and press enter. You should see an IP address for your default gateway. Open a web browser and type in the IP address of your default gateway. This should bring you to your routers web interface. If you already know the password to get in to it, it should be pretty easy to change the password you want. The manual Zylstra pointed you to should assist you on how to change the password.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear router [ 1 Answers ]

I am using netgear modem I couldn't get access to Yahoo page or oassportindia.gov.in page coul any one help me now I am also not getting access to 198.168.0.1

Netgear router [ 4 Answers ]

Guys, I have my netgear router installed and working with my modem but I lost my installation cd and I want to set up a password, can I? And if I can how to?

Netgear router issue [ 2 Answers ]

So I got an xbox 360 and set up a wireless network. Everything was working fine, but the next day when I turned on my laptop I got a "passkey invalid" message. Retyped it a few times, then gave up and reset it. Again, everything works fine... until the next day, "passkey invalid." My network...

Reconfiguring a netgear router [ 1 Answers ]

After Aol main computer went down ny riyter setting need to be reconfigured how do I do this?. I can't ring them as I'm only using broadband and don't have a phone :(

View more questions Search