Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbely13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 01:17 PM
    Bleeding during Clomid
    Hi!! My name is Maria I have two boys I've been on birth control (pill) for 3 years when I decided to stop. I've been trying to conceive but with any success. My doctor did an ultrasound and said I have PCOS so she prescribed Clomid. I don't get periods so she said just to take it. But now I don't stop bleeding since I took it. Not heavy but I am bleeding. I just want to know if I did ovulate or not? Is it normal to bleed during Clomd
    1102568 Posts: 65, Reputation: -1

Jul 23, 2013, 07:29 PM
    I do not understand why she prescribed you clomid for pcos. Clomid is used to help fight breast cancer as it reduces estrogen in the blood and promotes testosterone. And if I remember correctly, pcos can not be cured. You should ask your doctor whether your pcos is due to abnormally high estrogen, this is the only reason I can think of why she prescribed it, there may be a medical reason for this. The pcos may explain your trouble getting pregnant. I do not know whether the bleeding is normal or not, but it should not be ignored. You should definitely go and see the doctor and tell them about the bleeding and any questions.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1102568 View Post
    I do not understand why she prescribed you clomid for pcos. Clomid is used to help fight breast cancer as it reduces estrogen in the blood and promotes testosterone. And if I remember correctly, pcos can not be cured. You should ask your doctor whether your pcos is due to abnormally high estrogen, this is the only reason I can think of why she prescribed it, there may be a medical reason for this. The pcos may explain your trouble getting pregnant. I do not know whether the bleeding is normal or not, but it should not be ignored. You should definitely go and see the doctor and tell them about the bleeding and any questions.
    Some info on Clomid:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...93kqQ3Q64y6E2w

Clomid stimulates the release of hormones necessary for ovulation to occur. It is mainly used for treating female infertility.

Clomid is used to stimulate ovulation (the release of an egg) when a woman's ovaries can produce a follicle but hormonal stimulation is deficient.

Clomid may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Here is info on Clomid which is prescribed for PCOS: PCOS and Clomid Fertility Treatment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clomid? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I have clomid 100mg from day 2 to day 6 without being scanned on day 2 of my periods? last time I had ectopic pregnancy and my right tube got removed.last time I got pregnant due to clomid 100 mg.plz help

Clomid, provera, and clomid again [ 12 Answers ]

I've had PCOS since puberty. My average was one period a year. I am now 25 and DH and I are Trying to conceive. The doctor put me on provera to bring AF around the clomid 3-7. Here's the part that confuses me... I am supposed to take clomid again 4 weeks after the first day of AF. Am I supposed to...

Clomid should I take or not [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 20 years old and I have been Trying to conceive for a year now. My partner and I have been to see the doctors we have had all the checks and were both fine. As it is taking so long I was thing of getting clomid as I've seen a few website that are selling it. But my main question is am I to...

Going to try Clomid [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so if you haven't read my posts before; My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 months. I recently began having trouble with my period. I wasn't having one at all. The last two months I have used Prometruim to make me start. I went to the Dr today and she wants me to buy...

View more questions Search