Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jphipps72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 11:40 AM
    Changing brake pads, LeSabre
    I need to know how to get the calipers off to change the brakes on my 92 buick lesabre. Thank you
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 23, 2013, 11:57 AM
    If you have never done disck brakes, you really shouldn't without some help and a service manual to let you see everything that needs to be done. The calipers themselves unbolt and simply slide off. But the piston has to be slide in the zero pressure position (completely contracted),that needs to be done with some care and then the brakes will need to be bled after installing the new pads and putting the calipers back on. Haynes or Chilton sell manuals that describe the process in great detail. Any auto parts store usually sell one or the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1983 buick lesabre brake lights [ 1 Answers ]

83 lesabre brake lights dim until I turn on tail lighst then no tail or brake lights also turn signal lights don't not working

Should Rotors be changed with brake pads every time? [ 7 Answers ]

My Saab dealer tells me my rear pads are wearing down and says the rotors need to be changed out too, apparently because they cannot be "turned". What does that mean? Or is this a way for car dealers to mark up prices. I also remember my sister complaining that her VW needed the same kind of...

Mazda 6 brake pads [ 1 Answers ]

I've just changed the front brake pads on my 2005 Mazda 6. The new pads are Pagid pads. The pads that I removed have metal plates (shims?) on the back but the new pads don't. The new brakes appear to work fine but now I'm not sure whether I should have taken the metal plates off the first pads...

Changing brake pads JK [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to change the brake pads in my 2007 Jeep wrangler JK, 2WD, and notice that when I lift the jeep, and the wheels are off the ground so as to remove the wheels, the wheels do not rotate 100% freely. The brade pads are still touching them slightly. The same for the rear wheels. I believe...

Brake pads and caliper for 93 accord [ 2 Answers ]

I am attempting (first time) to replace brake pads on the rear of my 93 honda accord. I got everything off and it seems pretty straight forward. My problem is I can get the caliper piston retracted. I have tried turning it with a pair of needle nose pliers and I have tried a big c-clamp. The...

View more questions Search