Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prachikulkarni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2013, 09:14 PM
    Mortgage loan for Non Resident US citizens
    Hi,
    I and my husband are US citizens, residing outside US for last couple of years. We want to buy a property in the US. We have our bank accounts as well as credit cards in the US, however our primary income is outside the US.
    Can we get mortgage loan for buying the property?
    If yes, what is the process?
    Do we need some kind of pre approval?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2013, 01:44 AM
    I see no obstacle to getting a mortgage. Each lender has their own criteria, so you start by contacting banks and loan companies, either on the phone or online, and narrowing down some choices. Types of loans and fees will vary, so you have a lot to learn about terms, and what may seem like a good deal might not be. It's actually a complicated process that can have pitfalls and frustrations, so be prepared. The entire mortgage industry is still recovering from the disasters of the last 5 years, and all lenders are wary and demanding.

It is best to find a lender local to the property you want to buy. They will appraise the property (at a cost to you) to see if they will lend you the amount you want to borrow for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many years can a mortgage company pursue you for the balance of a mortgage loan? [ 1 Answers ]

We ended up owing way more on our FL home than it was worth when the housing market crashed. We were unable to sell and our mortgage company refused to work anything out with us, so we went into default on the loan and let it go to foreclosure. We quit paying on the mortgage in 2006 but...

Mortgage loan [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to cosign with ny wife on a mortgage loan. I'm currently in chapter 13 for about 2 years. Chapter 13 ends within a year 3/2008. Is there a mortgage loan that we can apply for where they just use my income is use not credit along with my wife income and credit ?

Mortgage loan non resident Brooklyn [ 3 Answers ]

My son is finishing law school and is married. He has found a great brownstone in Brooklyn he is going to buy (and live there). He is on a student visa and not a US resident but will be working for a NY law firm starting in the summer (he has solidified his offer thank goodness). I will sign for...

Mortgage Loan [ 1 Answers ]

I want to put a new house on existing property, however I have a single wide trailer that I owe money on. I want to be able to borrow money from mortgage company and also roll over existing mortgage loan without putting a lot of money down. Is this possible?

Mortgage loan [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to get a loan when you are 3 months behind on your mortgage?

View more questions Search