Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Actual64 Posts: 19, Reputation: -2

Jul 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Wanting some insight about finding a new Doctor
    I am new to this area and I have been trying to locate a new primary care doctor but there are some bad areas here and there. I don't really want to go to some unprofessional facility because I have seen some. Like I went to one place and there were all these people hanging out waiting to get some Saboxone or something. That is not what I want.

My question is this, If a doctor accepts Medicare and Medicaid is that a sign that they might not be the type of doctor that can command higher prices as they are lower performers?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 03:57 PM
    That's just silly... you are going to judge a doctor on whether they accept medicare and medicaid? Most doctors accept it and that doesn't mean they are low-end doctors because they do.

Ask around... that is the best way for you to find a doctors office that will meet your standards.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 22, 2013, 05:28 PM
    You can find a good doctor by asking around, even at various desks in hospital clinics and specialty areas. Drop in at a law firm. Ask a vet. A gym or fitness club.

Oh my goodness. I read some of your other posts...
    This one is strange too. I wonder where you were raised, no offence?
    Not only do most doctors bill ALL insurance carriers, but the charges above the 'low prices' Medicare and Medicaid cover are frequently charged to the patient.
    I find it odd that this is all new to you.
    Actual64 Posts: 19, Reputation: -2

Jul 23, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Thanks joypulv

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the right doctor [ 4 Answers ]

j9 and others, I was wondreing if any of you have any ideas about finding a doctor that treats chronic pain. Does anyone have any advice for me on what I should be looking for? j9 the only hemotoligist here treat cancer patients, and I would need a refferal to see them. So I'm writing this to get...

Doctor wanting me to use Betadine [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having recurring boils for 8 months now the doctor wants me to use Betadine it stains the skin. I looked on the Internet and they say there is a Betadine Skin Cleanser but doesn't say if it stains the skin or not. Does anyone know if the skin cleanser stains ? Is there something else I...

Looking for some insight. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I had a dog for 13 years. She was like my best friend. I told her everything, yes, even though she was a dog she was there for me through everything. It came time to put her to sleep a few years ago and I was absolutely crushed. Although it wasn't my decision, I knew it was the best decision....

Girlfriend went from wanting the relationship to not wanting anything so serious [ 11 Answers ]

A little confused right now, because we've been in a relationship for 4 months now and she is just now saying she doesn't want a serious relationship now, because she doesn't want to have to be completely committed to a relationship 24/7. Saying that she would like to be able to have time to do...

View more questions Search