Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanyananya Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2013, 03:03 PM
    How do I handle these friendship woes?
    My friend has kind of been driving me crazy and I'm thinking of dumping her. First she;s suddenly getting picky. She doesn't enjoy to be around anyone new. She's a little stinky, and she's stubborn.

Like once she came over we had to share an ice cream. Me an my other friend had to eat it all because she didn't want saliva and our spit. Plus she always wants to swim because I have a pool. Just the other day she wanted me to come to a cheer day camp that was only two days ,like what can you learn ,anyway I didn't want to go. I missed the first day ,and she kept calling saying that my mom said I could go. My mom said I might be able to go. She kept calling, and I told her my aunt came over.

So am I being mean or should I dump her?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Friendship, is give and take. A two-way street.

When one friend begins to become demanding, restrictive, and possessive, critical, disrespectful, etc. it becomes a burden to remain friends, because the relationship is not on a give and take basis.

When it becomes a friendship out of obligation (you've known her a long time), that is not something that becomes sustainable, or healthy. Eventually, you may find yourself feeling all used up.

And friends change as you, and they, mature. Interests develop that may not be always be the same. Opportunities come up that appeal to one, and not the other. People drift apart, it's just a fact of moving on in life.

Decide for yourself how healthy the relationship is, as far as needs and wants of both of you. It may be time for a good old fashioned sit down talk about how y ou are honestly feeling. Your feelings should be respected, whether your friend agrees or not.

Letting go of friends can be liberating too. Independence from those that bring you down, or are too much of a negative influence in your life, is not something you will probably miss. If it comes to that.

Good luck!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
    When you get older, you will see that things like this really are nothing... right now it's a big deal to you, in time, it won't be.

Tell her what she is doing and why you don't like it. If she can't stop, then you don't want to be friends anymore. It's really pretty simple.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 08:55 PM
    Realize this is the way she is and accept her for who she is but do not let her run your life. If she insists something set her straight. Tell her you told her no once and that should be enough. Know when to spend time with her and learn when its probably better to do your own thing without her. Learn to pick your battles, like the ice cream, I can see her point. Its her mouth, if she doesn't want the ice cream no big deal.
    nanyananya Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2013, 11:54 AM
    Excessive caller
    Everyday there's this girl that calls me.I mean I don't mind the calls it's just how much Times she calls. Yesterday she called about 12 times and when I answer she doesn't even speak so I hang up. Sometimes I think about calling the police.
    I think she's stalking me, she won't stop and we even tried blocking her but she called my mom's cell.I don't know where she's got these numbers from.Do you think she's stalking and should I call 911?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 12:21 PM
    I'd make a report to the police after you've told her to stop calling and only then if she doesn't stop... 911 is meant for emergencies... this isn't an emergency.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2013, 01:03 PM
    Don't answer. She will get bored and go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very confused about a Woman Friendship/More/Friendship then more? [ 4 Answers ]

So a few months ago a Woman started to talk to be at work and come to see me everyday, I never really noticed her before but after she took interest in me, I obviously did. All my work colleagues started to say that she likes me and that it is obvious and that I'm blind not to see it, I brushed...

Toilet and Tub woos [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet waste washes up in my bath tub. How do I fix this?

Looking for friendship. [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I live in WV and in a community, I'm sorry to say is where I can't make friends. I swear to the Lord above that the people here are back-stabbing, liars, gossipers and drunks. My husband is in jail. I've been in WV for seven years and all I've done was work. I am not working now and...

Now she only wants friendship? [ 10 Answers ]

We broke up 6 months ago, she was my first love, if I try the no contact for three weeks, she calls me, wanting to be just "friends" and talk about "friendly things"... we were together for 8 months long distance. I want her back, It literally makes me sick to think about her with new guys still....

View more questions Search