Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BarrelRacinGrl Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Royalty Card Trick
    If you guys want to learn about this nifty card trick read on! Just let me know if you want me to post more on here! :)

The Royalty Card Trick

1. Grab a deck of playing cards

2. Pull out all of Aces, Kings, Queens, and Jacks and set the rest of the deck aside (since you wont use that deck for the entire trick).

3. From left to right lay out Aces

4. In no color order whatsoever- lay out kings from left to right on top of the Aces.

5. Repeat for Queens and then Jacks.

6. You should now have 4 piles of 4 cards of 4 rows- Aces being on the top, King in the second row, Queen in the third, and the Jack being last. Spead them downward (Like in Solitare) neatly so that everyone can see that you have Ace, King, Queen, Jack in 4 piles.

7.. Tell your audience to remember that there's Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks and color is not a factor, and now that you will do a little trick with them.

8 From your left pick up the pile, not messing up the way you have the cards organized, and all the cards should be facing up as well, and then stack the 2nd left pile on the 1st pile, repeat for the 3rd and 4th creating a "new" deck.

9. Tell your Audience that you will now cut the deck 3 times (for more excitement, ask for a volunteer to cut the deck for you)

10. Before cutting the deck, turn the now gathered up pile you have over so that all of the cards are now are facing down.

11. Set the deck down and just pick randomly anywhere (doesn't matter if it's only one card that you pick from the deck, oh and dont look at the card! lol) and set it on the right side of the deck. (2 piles now) and then take the deck (the one from the left) and put it on top of the 2nd pile that you cut.

12. Repeat for 2 more times.

13. After the cutting is compete, (a single deck again, all cards still facing down as they have been for the entire cutting) let the deck sit there and for the fun of it add the drama by tapping the deck and say a made up magic word.

14. Now ask the Audience with a mysterious smile, "What do you think will happen now?" as you carefully put one card (still facing down) one at a time from left to right. (4 piles)

15. you now will have 4 cards lying in 4 piles. Start over on the left with the second row of facing down cards.

16. Do the same for 3rd and the 4th row.

17. Take a look at everyone's expressions before grabbing the first left pile of 4 cards and turning over all of the cards while saying "and BEHOLD!" or whatever. move on to the 2nd pile of cards and so on and forth, and Volia! Now that's magic!

Let me know if any parts were confusing or if you liked it or whatever! :)
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 08:22 PM
    So what is the trick??
    BarrelRacinGrl Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Do the trick yourself and find out :)
    jasonbts Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

May 18, 2007, 04:32 PM
    That was awsome!! I'd ask how it works but I'm sure its some weird math formula! That really was great; you should post more!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Somewon Teach Me A Card Trick? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I'm sorry to waste your time but I've just bought a packet of cards and I thought I know I'll go to help desk to find out some card tricks!! So if you don't mind could somwon teach me a trick or recommend a website that would! Thank you.:cool:

Fantasy/horror movie with trick ending [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out what the title of a movie is that I saw in the 80's on a cable station. All I saw was the ending, and it involved a boy waking up from a terrible nightmare (which apparently was the whole movie). He goes to his kitchen and maybe chats with someone. He returns to his...

How to on this magic trick [ 10 Answers ]

I was bored one day and decided to look on YouTube at some magic tricks. I found this guy, and I was wondering how this trick was done. http://www.youtube.com/v/-MLPS9Zq2nM It's about 8 minutes long and mostly in Japanese, but you don't really need to know what they're saying. Any insight...

Trick Drain Leak [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for some assurance from any plumbing veterans out there. I am in the process of remodeling a house that has an occasional leak from the 2nd floor shower. According to the former residents, the leak doesn't occur so long as nobody is in the shower, but as soon as someone stands in...

Royalty Payments [ 0 Answers ]

A manufacturing is going to pay royalty payments each month to another company. What type of account should be set up for the royalty payments? Should it just be called royalty payments and be listed on the income statement as a deduction to sales?

View more questions Search