Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ceenote Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 02:45 PM
    Laundry sink faucet has low pressure
    If someone can help me, it would be great. My laundry room sink water pressure is very low. It wasn't like that originally. I checked to see if the aerator was clogged but actually there was none. The water pressure used to be very strong. One day it just became very low. No other water outlets in the home have lost pressure or that I have noticed. If there is a clog in the water supply line how does one clear it? Thanks for the help in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 4, 2005, 06:04 AM
    Laundry sink faucet has low pressure
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceenote
    If someone can help me, it would be great. My laundry room sink water pressure is very low. It wasn't like that originally. I checked to see if the aerator was clogged but actually there was none. The water pressure used to be very strong. One day it just became very low. No other water outlets in the home have lost pressure or that I have noticed. If there is a clog in the water supply line how does one clear it? Thanks for the help in advance.
    Your valve is definitely clogged. Turn off the water and unscrew the bonnet packing nuts,( the nut just below the handle) and back the stems and washers out counterclockwise. Now place a pan over the open valve body to prevent splash and turn the water back on for a minute to flush out t6he supply lines. You should have a full stream. If not run a stiff wire past the seats with the water on and try to break up the blockage. Check the washers and if they are worn, replace them. Good luck, Tom
    Ceenote Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2005, 03:52 PM
    Thank you for the advice. I will give it a try and hopefully tell you the good news.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one...

When sink faucet on shower water pressure returns [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. Looking for help on returning hot water pressure to my shower. I've replaced cartridge and verified that there is no clog at masterbath shower. I was able to do this by turning on masterbath faucet and seeing that full hot water pressure was returned to shower. Also the faucet...

Laundry Sink Vent [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to place a laundry sink in the basement. The location in question is under the kitchen. I can tie into the drain pipe from the kitchen which would run vertically, right next to the laundry sink. However, the nearest point where I could attach a vent line is about twenty feet from...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search