Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armagh200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Shot a rabbit
    We live in Maryland just north of Baltimore. My son shot a wild rabbit with a bee bee gun (no he didn't shoot his eye out). When he brought it to the house he put it down
    And was looking at it, he noticed a pulsating coming from the neck and called me over to look at it, as we looked further, this thing or creature emerged from the rabbits neck and slithered away. We caught it, then killed it. It was black, about 2" long and resembled a tiny grenade shape. This was the scariest and most bizzar thing we've ever seen in our lives. We live in a populated area with woods behind us. Our home boarders a university and a large hospital. This is also an area of nice homes, where people take a lot of pride of their property and keep things clean, so we're not out in the middle of know where. I think the fact that my son (who is 28) shot this rabbit most likely put him out of his misery.
    Any clue what this thing is? It's as though we experienced something from a creature feature movie in real life!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 02:34 AM
    You say it "slithered away." Did it have legs?

How long was it? Is the 2 inches accurate? My first suspicion would be a Lucanus or Scarites beetle. Did it have pronounced mandibles/'pinchers'?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My rabbit has given birth to 1 rabbit but it was dead. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice. I found 2 rabbits, 1 male ,1 female about two months ago. I took them to the vets and they we're healthy. So I took them home and separated them about a month ago because I saw the male mount the female. I couldn't have separated them sooner as I had nowhere to put the...

Are you going to get either the seasonal flu shot or the swine flu shot? [ 63 Answers ]

Don't know how to do a "poll" so I'll just ask this Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the seasonal flu shot this year? Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the series of swine flu shots this year? Have you or any of your family members ever had a flu shot...

I'm a firt time rabbit and is a rabbit OK in the weather where I live? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked in book and the internet and I've nothing I would like to know if I could keep a rabbit outside in when its warm and then bring him in when its cold because I'm afraid the weather where I live is to cold for him:confused:

New rabbit [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new mini lop the pet store said he is about 7 weeks old. I have been trying to litter train him. He is doing really well but when he gets onto the couch with me or my boyfriend he always pees and poops on the couch. Is this becoming a habit and if so how do we break him of this so he...

View more questions Search