Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayleebug09010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 12:15 AM
    Don't know who my father is.
    Hi I don't know who my father is. I was born in 1999, my mom is Kristen. I knew nothing about him most of my life. But then I asked my mother about him when I was 10, but she says she'll tell me when I'm older. Then I asked stuff about him when I was 13. I found out he got married to this woman after my mom and him broke up. The really crappy parts are that the woman ALWAYS went after the guys my mom dated. Another thing is that apparently he didn't want a kid (me). But knows he wants a kid. Though my mom gave me a recent photo of him, and get this apparently he refuses I'm his kid... I $@#%ing look like him. Other then he's married I know is nickname for everyone and his name, Vince or V. Plus everyone pretty much knew I was his kid. My mom didn't even NEED to tell them who my dad was. All her friends call me little V. I figure if I met him, I can know who I am. >email removed<
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2013, 08:49 AM
    "Hi I too like all of you don't know who my father is. I was born in 1999, my mom is Kristen. I knew nothing about him most of my life.But then I asked my mother about him when I was 10, but she says she'll tell me when I'm older. Then I asked stuff about him when I was 13. I found out he got married to this woman after my mom and him broke up. The really crappy parts are that the woman ALWAYS went after the guys my mom dated. Another thing is that apparently he didn't want a kid (me). But know he wants a kid. Though my mom gave me a recent photo of him, and get this apparently he refuses I'm his kid...I $@#%ing look like him. Other then he's married I know is nickname for everyone and his name, Vince or V. Plus everyone pretty much knew I was his kid. My mom didn't even NEED to tell them who my dad was. All her friends call me little V. I figure if I met him, I can know who I am. If you know anything email me."

Please - no email addresses.

You are not of legal age so no one can help you. Someone can help your mother locate your father.

I locate people for a living that's what I do. All you know about your father is what your mother has told you and, deservedly or not, she sounds very bitter. The woman your father married "always" went after the men who dated your mother? That woman owed no loyalty to your mother. It's your father who was owed her loyalty.

Look just like him? I'm sure you know that is meaningless. It's DNA that counts, and DNA testing would have to be done. DNA was done, of course, when your mother filed for child support/paternity.

You need to sit down with your mother, tell her that this is haunting you, ask her to provide the info which will allow you to contact your father. If you do contact him be prepared to hear the "other side" of the story - and there will be another side.

If all your mother's friends call you "Little V" they know who your father is. Ask them, calmly and rationally, for information. You might strike a chord in someone's heart.

Why do you want to contact your father after all the bad things your mother has said about him, many of which may not be true?

Life is complicated - yours is very complicated through no fault of your own. Your father chose not to be with your mother. Maybe birth control failed. Maybe it was a casual relationship. They both know.

Your father did not reject you. He rejected your mother, and you were/are part of the collateral damage.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2013, 10:32 AM
    There is nothing you can do. Even when you are old enough to find him he still might refuse to see you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know when my father died [ 3 Answers ]

My father was Francoise Grillot. He and my mother had an affair, and they were never married. He died before I was born. All I know is that his mom's name was Maddame Suzzanne Grillot. I want a picture of him. I have never seen what he looks like. He lived in France. I don't know what part. Can...

I don't want to father some other man's kid but I don't want to leave my girlfriend [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for five weeks, and yesterday she found out that she is pregnant, I am 18 the father is 17 and she is 16, she can't have the kid, I can't be a father this soon I want to be one but just not now, she can't throw away her future, and the father no matter how bad this...

My ex wants to take me to court, but I don't think he's the father? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not going to put him on the birth certificate. I'm willing to take a paternity test, and if he is the father, I'm totally willing to let him see her. I just want to know, does he have the right to demand a paternity test whenever he wants? Or can I wait for a couple weeks after I have my baby?...

Pregnant don't know who's the father [ 8 Answers ]

I just found out I'm pregnant my lmp was on 11/14/08 I had a one night stand on 11/23 with out protection and then I had sex with my husband on 11/24-11/30 and so on can my baby's father be the onenight stand or is it more possible that is my husbands help please don't know what to do ?

View more questions Search