Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tfatima1224 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 05:25 AM
    Should I stay or should I go?
    Assalamu alaikum. I am 18 yrs. Old and my parents are planning my marriage to a second cousin of mine. I refused the marriage several times before but my dad pretty much told whether I like it or not I was getting married to this guy. This happened when I was 17. I've now graduated high school ( which was all my parents were waiting for) but I still don't agree to this marriage. Well I know the time is coming soon and I'm already making plans on running away. But I'm afraid, but I also don't want to get married against my will and despite my protests because no one will be happy. I forgot to mention the fact that the guy knows that I don't want to get married to him yet he doesn't care. I want to know if there is another way of getting out if this situation because I don't have much time. Jazakallah khairan.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 21, 2013, 05:33 AM
    What are the realities of running away? Do you have sympathetic friends or relatives? Do you live in a city or small town? Do you have any money saved? Do you have any job skills? What are the consequences to running away (complete ostracizing by the whole family, etc)?
    I'm certainly not in favor of marrying someone against your will. It seems so strange to hear you, well spoken in two languages at least, using the internet in a modern world, being treated using such an ancient custom. But I'm not Muslim and I'm in the US, so this topic, although we read about it here almost every day, is hard for us to grasp. There are a few Muslims who answer here pretty regularly. But regardless of country or religion, there are the practical questions to ask.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 23, 2013, 09:55 AM
    tell you father that its genetically bad to marry first cousin and that you don't wish to marry him. Islam give full right to women to refuse the wedding. It seems your parents forcing it on you. So you don't have time to wait till day of nikah and say "qabool nahi hain". I would suggest to find a job as soon as possible, collect some money, get some help from friends if possible. There are some women groups and social forums which can help you. If you will marry against will and the guy will force it on you, it will be considered as sin or zina according to islam. So don't let them force yo.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2013, 10:12 AM
    The man is a SECOND cousin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bradfordwhite hot water will not stay lit it will relight OK but might stay for 5 day [ 2 Answers ]

Hot water heater stays lit for 5 days or maybe 3hrs I can relight it OK but won't stay lit.

I stay only one or two second during intercource. How to stay long [ 2 Answers ]

I am a men of 32 years. I stay only one or two second during intercource. How to stay long(at least 5 minuets)

Does rum stay stay in your system longer [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 1 litre of rum and a beer 31 hours ago just did a alcohol test? Is it still in my system and the urine test is not a EtG there were times I drank 12 hours before and it was still negetive just want to make sure

This is okay? Ill just stay decide to leave you but stay with you for 8 months [ 11 Answers ]

Let me quote this from another thread... She didn't just wake up and change her mind, she has thought of this for a long time. YOU are the one who is just finding out. To make things worse, I have strong evidence that she has entered a rebound relationship, with a guy she met only 3 days...

View more questions Search