Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flatsouffle Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Smoothie ideas
    So I started this new diet like a month ago where I replace two meals with a smoothie and I have to say its great. So far I lost like 15 pounds and gained a lot of energy which I really need. Every morning I make a peanut butter and jelly smoothie with plain yogurt vanilla protein whey powder chocolate soy milk peanut butter blue berries oatmel and bananas it's amazing but I'm starting to get tired of it. Does anyone have any recipe ideas. I don't want to get bored and get off track seeing the weight loss had been great and the gained energy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Summertime is a great time to experiment with all sorts of fruit smoothies. The Internet should be full of smoothie recipe sites for various meals and snacks. I'll search for a few to post.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Breakfast possibilities --

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/health...othie-recipes/

http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/27/...ast-smoothies/

http://www.wholeliving.com/135929/sm...thy-breakfasts

Jul 20, 2013, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Summertime is a great time to experiment with all sorts of fruit smoothies. The Internet should be full of smoothie recipe sites for various meals and snacks. I'll search for a few to post.
    Yea I did some searching and I have tried a lot they're pretty good but some are kind of outrageous and expensive to make. Haha I'm kind of on a college budget
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 01:18 PM
    I like the sound of this one, #5 in my first link --

Banana-Oat Smoothie Recipe | Cooking | How To | Martha Stewart Recipes
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2013, 04:18 PM
    I make one that is great for digestion,
    Ice
    1 banana
    Fruits or berries
    Food grade aloe (amount to oz of drink on bottle)
    Kefir or unsweetened yogurt
    Honey
    Add ingredients to taste preference

Jul 21, 2013, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I make one that is great for digestion,
    ice
    1 banana
    fruits or berries
    food grade aloe (amount to oz of drink on bottle)
    kefir or unsweetened yogurt
    honey
    add ingredients to taste preference
    Sounds different I like trying different foods. Do you think those ingredients can be found at like a dierburgs or trader joes. Are they expensive to buy?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 21, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Cooking just for myself, I find that I waste food if I buy a lot of individual fruits and veggies.
    I found a ridiculously delicious drink of blended fruits by Bolthouse Farms. It's expensive but has mangos as well as the usual apples and oranges, 23 whole fruits per 1.5 qts, so it's thick and when mixed with yogurt, an instant smoothy. You could add wheat germ, soy, etc for protein but you need some chewed food, not all liquid. Saliva breaks down certain parts of all foods in a way that's conducive to good digestion.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Trader Joes has all the ingredients. They don't cost a lot. I get the bolthouse juice at Giant Eagle. I like the Lakewood and RW Knuden juices. Try buying the produce that start with the PLU code #9.

Jul 21, 2013, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Cooking just for myself, I find that I waste food if I buy a lot of individual fruits and veggies.
    I found a ridiculously delicious drink of blended fruits by Bolthouse Farms. It's expensive but has mangos as well as the usual apples and oranges, 23 whole fruits per 1.5 qts, so it's thick and when mixed with yogurt, an instant smoothy. You could add wheat germ, soy, etc for protein but you need some chewed food, not all liquid. Saliva breaks down certain parts of all foods in a way that's conducive to good digestion.
    Yea when I first started the diet I just bought a bunch of fruit and veggies but as I experimented I found blends that I really like. I kind of like blending in the morning and evening. It's fun. Thanks for the suggestions. There are so many thing that I never knew about smoothies haha.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Smoothie recipee for weight gain? [ 10 Answers ]

I want a smoothie recipe to gain weight? I prefer a banana or pineapple smoothie.. because strawberry and all is not available around here. I usually blend banana ,milk, peanut butter and some honey.. but I want it to taste better and want something else too in it to gain more weight and all.I...

I need some ideas! [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Well at school, there's this boy I really like! Im almost close to asking him out but I'm scared if he says no he'll know I like him and I really like him, but if he know's, that might ruin out friendship and we're best friends, So do anyone you have any ideas!

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to get a tattoo but have no ideas on what I want I would love a snack or a lizard but have no designs or nothing I want quite a large one but don't know where to have it if there is any like tattoo artists or anyone out there that has any good ideas that are different then get back to me...

Alternative smoothie making methods [ 9 Answers ]

IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAke a mango smoothie only using a fork, like wizzing it round real fast

Name ideas [ 17 Answers ]

I am looking for the right name for a baby boy: the mother's name is Shay and the father's name is Andrew Does anyone have any ideas

View more questions Search