Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreamgirl2813 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Hindu girl - Christian guy want to be married.
    I'm a Hindu girl. I'm in love with a Christian guy (roman catholic) for the past 7years.We still haven't told our parents about our love but will tell in few months due to studies I know very well that there will be a lot of problems but I'm ready to face it. I know its possible for a Hindu to get married in a church without getting converted, some churches accept it. We both are not willing to get converted because we don't believe in religion and believe only in love. So we want to change our parents mind about religion and make them feeel its just a word on papers and nothing to do with our lives.

I'm damn sure that his side will have problems in having a Hindu marriage. We will have a priest telling the mantras. I guess they won't like it for sure. We both want to have a Hindu and Christian style wedding. Can you give me ideas how to convince his parents? Even if they accept for our marriage, all these issues would become a problem. I have dreamed a lot about our marriage. So please help me out.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
    YOUR parents are okay with the marriage to a Catholic man? Why not have a civil ceremony, not religious? A blended religious ceremony probably is not possible for all sorts of reasons. A Unitarian church may do something like that, but I'm sure both sets of parents would not be happy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 02:34 PM
    So we want to change our parents mind about religion and make them feeel its just a word on papers and nothing to do with our lives
    Start by forget trying to change someone else's mind about their religion, to fit your needs, and work on getting to know the guy you have hidden for 7 years from them. If you really want to marry each other, then have a plan to do so whether the families agree or NOT.

If you are as ready for this as you say you are then I hope your guy feels the same so while you want their blessings and support and participation, its should not be what decides you getting married nor put a top to it. Hope you guys are on the same page about this, because that's the most important thing.
    j7char Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
    I believe we marry and be with who we love and whom loves us. I would not convert either... some kind of way you should be able to reach a common ground. I repeat if you really love each other go for it. You can't live for your parents. It could be a mistake or it could be the best thing to ever happen to you. Its better to try than to wonder what if... don't think for one second you guys parents haven't made mistakes weather they tell you or not is the question... Good luck and have fun with those wedding plans... make sure its personal, what I mean is whatever the two of you love the most. I wish you two the very best... after 7 years I think you know what you want.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 03:32 PM
    So, what if this happens, your parents agree, his parents agree, you two get married. Religion obviously matters enough to both of you that neither of you are willing to convert. Are you planning on having children? Will they be raised Hindu, or Christian?
    Dreamgirl2813 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 09:04 PM
    What is a civil ceremony? How does it go?
    Parents won't be happy initially but later they will become happy seeing us happy..
    I don't mind my kids being a christian or hindu.. Its just for the papers sake.. I will teach them that there is one god and all religions were man made and not created by god..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a Hindu guy, can I marry a Pentecostal Christian girl without converting? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in love with a Christian girl, We both were in love right from college and now its time to marry. Can I marry her without me being converted to Christian? Will their church allow this (she also never wanted me to get converted)? Please guys help me know whether such a thing is possible? We are...

Christian Girl and Hindu Boy [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with this Hindu boy for 4 months and still continue. This boy practices a practical life where he sees things in the right way but finds it hard to accept other people's opinions. We've talked about issues regarding religion because he's more keen in it. He doesn't want...

I have a love with a Hindu girl, and I am a Christian? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear friends I am a christain boy... I have a love over 4 years with a hindu girl she is also agree to marry me but I am sure our both families are not agree to this marriege what can I do please guide me plssss I can't leave without my love...

Can a christian girl marry in a hindu way? [ 3 Answers ]

If a christian girl wants to marry her boyfriend (who is converted from hinduism to christianity) but his parents are not aware about the fact that he is converted, and he is afraid to tell them.The parents have agreed on bringen a christian girl into their family now, but their wish is that they...

Hindu girl is marrying to christian guy? [ 4 Answers ]

A couple got registered marriage and after 10days the guys parents wants to do the proper marriage formality in church.I would like to know whether this registered marriage will create any impact for the church marriage formalities? Please let me know your suggestions..

View more questions Search