Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nafshin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 01:17 AM
    decisions about my marriage
    asalamoua laikoum,

I have a question, actually I am getting married in one month, when I ask my fiancée to do namaz he did not respond and just smile and giggle about the matter.
    I told him roza without namaz does not have any value, in the start he said he will make efforts, but now as day of our marriage is approaching all preparations are done, he just asked to stop forcing him to do namaz.
    please help me. What advice you have for me, what decisions and actions should I take to please Allah.

Nafshin
    from Mauritius
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2013, 04:26 AM
    Does this help?
    Roza (Fasting)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 20, 2013, 04:41 AM
    No person can force another person to do anything unless violence and threats are used.

If you are wondering whether you should go through with the marriage, we can't possibly answer that for you. If you feel that your fiancé isn't a good practicing Muslim, do you wish to stop the wedding? Your choices are to either not marry him, or marry him the way he is.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2013, 04:42 AM
    She wants him to fast AND pray and he only wants to fast without praying
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 20, 2013, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    she wants him to fast AND pray and he only wants to fast without praying
    Yes I got that...

I just don't know if nafshin thinks there is Islamic law that addresses this or not, and not being a Muslim, I don't know, but I highly doubt that she can do anything to force him, whether now or at the wedding.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 20, 2013, 06:14 AM
    You can not force any one to have roza or namaz. Islam gives right to each individual to follow their path. If you wish to marry a person who keep roza and namaz then there are many talibani who do this gesture strictly. I think your idea of marriage is quite narrow. If your fiancée loves you, trust you and a good human being then there is not much to ask. But you can not force him in religious matters and not even love matters. Let him do his things because each one has to answer allah personally.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
    I was thinking she was wanting some things to sort of help him see her side. Smkanand is right love should be the.main issue. I can see that it means a lot to follow a law or ritual but sometimes its better to just accept things as they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making the right decisions [ 5 Answers ]

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

Ehical decisions [ 1 Answers ]

Can you accrue revenues and defer expenses and still be ethical?

Divorice decisions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is shan. I want to know the process of divorice. I was married to my wife in my culture in our church but there is no paperwork showing that I was married to her. I did file taxes with her. We have been separated for two years now. And I want to get remarried. But I am not sure what...

More SCOTUS decisions [ 24 Answers ]

Chief Justice Roberts said, "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race." Wasn't that refreshing? Clarence Thomas added, "What was wrong in 1954 cannot be right today... The plans before us base school assignment decisions on students'...

Decisions, decisions help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been offered a job out of state. Will I be taking that job and moving.

View more questions Search