Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2013, 10:40 AM
    PC doesn't recognize DVD when inserted
    Windows 7, professional 32 bit.

When I used to insert a CD or DVD in one of my drives, it would recognize that I had inserted a DVD and come up with a Drop Down Menu on my Desk top that gave me a choice of Saving, Running etc. It no longer does this and I have to go to MY Computer, find the DVD Drive, click on it and then click on the file I want to run. If I remember correctly, there is a choice somewhere in Windows, that gives you he choice of doing this or not to recognize the drive. I can't find how to do that. Any Help? Thank You in advance.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 19, 2013, 12:03 PM
    Change the settings here: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay
    Or simply RESET to defaults (last available option)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my TV not recognize my dvd player [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I had my TV and dvd player working one night the next night I went to use it, it wouldn't play so I figure my dvd player was dead. Went and bought another dvd player and my TV still won't play it. Its like its not sensing the cables are plugged into the TV. The TV brand is an emerson. Please...

My DVD shuts the PC down when a disk is inserted [ 5 Answers ]

I am running Windows 7 Professional and recently, my NEC External Firewire DVD Drive shuts my computer down when I insert any kind of a dvd disk. My system recognizes my drive in "My Computer" but when I insert a disk, either data or Movie, It takes about 5 seconds and I get the dreaded blue...

My laptop does not recognize my cd/dvd drive [ 2 Answers ]

It is a Sony Viao. When I insert a CD or DVD, it attempts to read them. The light comes on and it sounds as well. Then it stops and the light switches off after a short while. No message apears. No CD / DVD drive shows in "My Computer". The CD/DVD Drive however is listed under the hardware list.

View more questions Search