Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KLJensen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2013, 12:17 AM
    Is using other author's technical terms plagiarizing?
    Just out of curiosity-- I am working on a novel currently and I've wondered whether using other authors' terms for elements for instance such as the Adamantim or meds such as cancer dust, etc considered plagiarizing? Is there a such a thing as copyrighted word? I would hate to finish my book and realize that I have to go back and think of new terms and new definitions for these type of items for that I have no desire to rip anyone off or to be in the wrong. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2013, 03:21 AM
    Yes, there is, if a specific term or concept was used in a public work, you should get the permission of the author.

For example, Isaac Asimov gave permission to other authors to use his three laws of robotics.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 19, 2013, 03:30 AM
    Do you mean adamantium?
    I'll bet that Marvel Comics would sue for that one. Yes, it's 'ripping them off.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of Probation on Technical Terms [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so my boyfriend was charged with a crime back in November of 2008 in which was for possession of burgarly tools he was then released after serving time in late January 2009, and given two years probation. He was released from jail and was staying with friends because his parents got a divorce...

Landlord breaks terms of lease! Terms for early termination or lease? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Myself and my roommates lease an apartment from our landlord. The building we live in is brand new and we are the first tenets to live in the apartment. There are two apartments in the second story. The landlord also has an office/bar/living area in the front of the building, also on the...

Technical Support [ 2 Answers ]

All of this has come to me second, third, fourth, etc. hand. I can't vouche for accuracy, but I would believe all this actually happened. ***** Tech support: What kind of computer do you have? Female customer: A white one... *****

Technical and non-technical [ 3 Answers ]

hi pals what are technical skills and non-technical skills in IT industry?

View more questions Search