Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mariluna Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 10:18 AM
    My mother in law is driving me c
    Hi everyone ,

I love my mother-in-law very much but... She is trying to change
    My wedding plans.Our ceremony was going to be in a chapel but now we our going to have it in the same location as the reception just because she said that we could save money now my dreamd of having my ceremony in a chapel are gone.Now our bridesmaid's are going to wear black dresses and our reception decoration is going to be black and white she said that our wedding is going to look like a funeral so that we should change color .I think that black and white looks elegant in weddings well I never seen one like that but I think that is a beutifull color.One of my bridemaid's did not like the black dress idea ither and told me to change the dress I don't want to hurt my mother-in-law and my friend but they are making me fell bad about the whole situation what should I do to tell them how I fell and not hurt there fellings :( :(
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Mar 29, 2005, 06:44 PM
    On your Big Day
    Congrats

In my country, whoever pays the cost, is the boss. Thus if you are the one paying for the expenses, forget about hurt feelings and do as you please. This is your day. However, if the in-laws are covering the charges; help them to understand that you have compromised by not having the wedding in a chapel, or seek someone who would be willing to rec'v a small stipen from you and have your wedding at that location and your reception at its location.

When someone else is paying, many feel that they are the ultimate authority, reason with her, if it helps... take your mother-in-law back down memory lane, discover how her wedding was handled which should shed some insight on why she is behaving in such a way.

It would be nice if one who handles the financial aspect allocates portions, thus giving you liberty to stay within the guidelines.
    partycloz Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 01:03 PM
    It's not easy, but try to keep your cool and explain the situation and your feelings to your Mother-In-Law and your friend. Perhaps what they asked or said came from good intentions (saving money, etc.) Or try to believe it that way! You're be in the family, so keep a good relationship is a good idea.
    lookin4you Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariluna
    Hi everyone ,

I love my mother-in-law very much but.....She is trying to change
    my wedding plans.Our ceremony was going to be in a chapel but now we our going to have it in the same location as the reception just because she said that we could save money now my dreamd of haveing my ceremony in a chapel are gone.Now our bridesmaid's are going to wear black dresses and our reception decoration is going to be black and white she said that our wedding is going to look like a funeral so that we should change color .I think that black and white looks elegant in weddings well i never seen one like that but i think that is a beutifull color.One of my bridemaid's did not like the black dress idea ither and told me to change the dress i dont want to hurt my mother-in-law and my friend but they are makeing me fell bad about the whole situation what should i do to tell them how i fell and not hurt there fellings :( :(
    Hi will is thes your wedding or hers ? She can't chang any thing .who would want to wear black in a wedding that's wrong and that is your dress you are going to wear it in a very spishel day .you should have your wedding any way you want that's none of her bissnes . Talk to her tell her that you want to wear the dress you picked and in a wedding you want brit colors not black .
    I am sorry but your mother in law is driving me crazy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have never met my mother [ 12 Answers ]

I have been searching for my mother since I was 21 years old. I am now almost 31 and all I have found out was her name and date she married my dad and how old she was when she married my dad. I was not adopted. My dad raised me. For some reason my dad would not tell me anything about her and now he...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

Please help my mother! [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is 73 years old and she has 30,000.00 in credit card debt. She has depleted her savings and gets $490. A month in social security. She owns a home in a cooperative in NJ and can't get a reverse mortgage because Nj doesn't allow that on cooperatives. She was advised not to go bankrupt...

Will mother and son know each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old male cat. We got him from my grandfather who still has the mother and the sister. They were together until he was about 4 months old. If I brought my cat to see the mother and the sister, would he still recognize them? I would like to bring them together again but, I don't...

View more questions Search